Sat, Aug 3, 1:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 3:21 pm)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: I'm trying the C5Pro demo and...

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 5:50 PM · edited Fri, 05 July 2024 at 7:40 AM

...each time I load in a Poser animation, problems come up: Moving the cursor to the last frame takes ages. Panning, dollying the camera viewport is difficult and slow, and most of the times, Carrara freezes, and I have to shut it down. The openGL is set to textures ( the one just before Gouraud shading), would it be easier to move around in box display? Is this an issue with the demo, and only the demo? I have a 2.8 P4, 1 gig of ram, and an nvidia 6800GT graphic card. PS: this never happens in Vue Infinite with my configuration. ( but other things happen there sometimes too!)

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 6:24 PM

how much memory onboard that VidCard? I recently did an intensive Poser --> Carrara trial, and found the slider sluggish, but not swiveling, dolly or panning; that was snappy. I kept it on Gouraud the whole time. AMD 3500+ 4Gig RAM NVIDIA GeForce 5600 256MB. I did not attempt to actual animate. Import was thru "Transport." I think one problem we Poser people bring into Carrara is the transport of heavy mesh. For some reason, Poser can handle it in the viewport. Really, a 70,000-110,000 poly human model is overly demanding. ::::: Opera ::::::

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2006 at 6:48 PM

I used transposer because there was a dynamic dress involved, but I only wanted to render the last frame. My card has 256 MB ram. About the poly count, I know this is quite big, but, really, Vue handles it fine, so I expected Carrara to do the same. I'm in Vue vs Carrara dillema right now, so I'm trying to compare both apps, I have 2 months to decide whether I buy C5Pro or not, because there is a special offer for Computer arts readers here in France, and because I have 2 machines, so I can try the demo twice!

Jimco ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2006 at 9:10 PM

Give the Eovia software renderer a try as opposed to OpenGL. While you certainly shouldn't be having a problem with a 6800GT, depending on the drivers, you might be seeing an OpenGL issue. The reason I say this is because I had similar problems with a 6800GT. I also saw problems such as all of my models disappearing, everything in the object tree disappearing, all menus disappearing, etc. I resolved that by switching to the Eovia software renderer. I plan on trying updated drivers soon to see if that will allow me to move back to OpenGL. One other note. I had AA enabled in OpenGL and have not tried OpenGL without AA. I'll have to give that a shot since Poser 6 works perfectly fine on the same machine, and it uses a real-time OpenGL renderer as well. Jim

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.