Sun, Sep 15, 5:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: water challenge WIP

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 8:37 AM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 7:28 AM

file_334782.jpg

Even the smallest garden pond attracts some wildlife. Not quite certain about the water, which is after all the main reason for the image. Does it look OK for a small back garden water feature?

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

marcfx ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 8:42 AM

I think its great and all the proportions too. well done

Smile, your dead a long time :)

pumecobann ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 9:17 AM

It's very delicate and girly looking.

You should give her a 4inch-bore gun to point at the dragonflies!

Len.
(Just kidding - it's good, and doesn't look like a typical Bryce scene)

The wait can be horrific, but the outcome can be worse - pumeco 2006

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 9:22 AM · edited Sun, 19 March 2006 at 9:22 AM

Hey Len. I am never typical, but I am female, too old to be girly.

However mostly bryce elements, the waterlily leaves are terrains, and the flower is made of segments of spheres (courtesy of John Spirko). Some bryce trees and some imported shrubs.

PS don't have a 4" bore gun, my fav weapon is a single barrel shotgun, full choke.

Message edited on: 03/19/2006 09:22

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

pumecobann ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 9:40 AM

LOL Errr... would you mind pointing that thing somewhere else please. Len, (Runs from the femme fatale)

Ang25 ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 10:18 AM

OOOooooo I love this one! Looks fantastic to me, and I was going to say I love girly pictures too, but that just didn't sound right :P

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 10:38 AM

@ Len......you're OK really, the gun is older than me, and not currently proofed for live firing. Frightens any would be burglars though. Thanks Ang, but what's wrong with girly pics! We girls (tongue in cheek) should stick together, what!

pumecobann ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 10:49 AM

Shhhhhhhhh!!! whispers You're not supposed to tell folk it don't work ;-)

pumecobann ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 10:53 AM

BTW, I dont think Ang meant the same sort of 'girly' pics you're thinking of chohole. wink Len.

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 11:04 AM

Slaps head...agh me stoopid! blame it on still celebrating Friday.

xenic101 ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 12:08 PM

Very nicely done.
My challenge entry is going to be remotely similar. Glad to see you got your fairy to sit still, I'm having to staple mine down.
Message2284579.jpg

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 12:37 PM

This I want to see!

tjohn ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 12:57 PM

Terrific work, Chohole. If you're still up for working some more on it, maybe the pattern of ripples should be larger? At the current size, they are in proportion to your fairy as if she was human-sized. Lighting, posing, textures are perfect.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

sackrat ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 1:18 PM

Geez,..........this looks great,..........all these good looking images,........I'll have to think twice about even entering the challenge. (grumble, grumble, grumble)

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

RodsArt ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 4:04 PM

Nice work Cho, love the demension you've got here with all the different content. Great colors too.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 9:40 PM

With the look of this and other WIPs I'm wasting my time. Oh, I may enter anyhow. It is fun.

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 11:28 PM

This image is great. I love the composition. My only concern is the skin texture. It seems a little too shiny. Other than that, EXCELLENT.

Flak ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2006 at 2:09 AM

I like it. Maybe (if you've got render time to kill) try some soft shadows - the sharp dragonfly shadow on her midriff sort of looks odd given the wispy nature of dragonflies. Maybe play with the skin specularity a bit as well (as cyba-storm mentioned) to see what looks best. But still, cool stuff ;)

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2006 at 9:52 AM

chohole i had to go to to the guy next door and ask to look at his garden pond after a long chat with him and explaining why i needed to look at it he let me. The water in your garden pond is fine. If you looked in his pond you would see his Koi as easy as you can see your fish.

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2006 at 10:58 AM

Thanks CD, that sets my mind at rest. Good of you to go to that effort for me. Have to admit that our garden pond at present needs a good clean out and the water is murky. We did have a pump and filter to keep it clean, but sometime during last winter a heron came calling, looking for a free meal, and hooked the pump out somehow, breaking the cable. The frogs and newts tell us they like the murk, and seeing as the heron ate all the fish we have left it for the time being.

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2006 at 11:07 AM

chohole you might find this strange. I breed goldfish and the only time they would spawn was if the water was murky. Only thing i had to do was keep the PH at the correct level and feed them during breeding time.

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.