Sun, Sep 15, 5:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: WIP.........this needs something, but what?

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 5:21 AM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 7:16 AM

file_335008.jpg

This image is just not quite gelling in my mind. It needs something, but I am not quite certain what (apart from a better star map that is) Thanks for your help.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Erlik ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 6:01 AM

More light. :-) and something in the left upper corner, to create a diagonal composition.

-- erlik

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 6:17 AM
Forum Moderator

Use Universe Creator for the star-field and add a moon! 0.02p

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 7:04 AM

I like the sky and the couple and the idea of nightscenes. Maybe the left tree could go and the couple could be standing on the left. perhaps they could be looking at a falling star or something . . . Oh, I know!! another dog.

zescanner ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 7:22 AM

It is difficult to notice the rabbit. Perhaps if the rabbit is running toward a brushy hiding spot but right now he should be in the open and more clearly noticible.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 8:57 AM

Rabbit? What rabbit? How about adding the moon and a bit of moonlight...?

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

zescanner ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 8:58 AM

Or.... maybe a bit of carefully placed lighting. I just ran across another image that made me think of your situation: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1182170

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 9:53 AM

file_335009.jpg

Sorry chohole i had to point out the rabbit that others could not see...

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 9:58 AM

file_335010.jpg

Well it's got so far now. I have lightened shadow colour and sky colour, but fed in a higher shadow percentage. Also a few more rabbits, and a decent star map. The moon is behind them. How's it doing now?

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Erlik ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 11:30 AM

Rabbit is still undistnguishable. If CD didn't point it out, I wouldn't have seen it at all. Maybe a lit window or something is a better solution. Dog running... well, dogs run all the time, even without rabbits. :-) Maybe a cat on a lit window?

-- erlik

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 2:32 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1182632

Well I gave up on try 3, because I wanted to post it today, supposedly the first day of spring.

shinyary2 ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 9:30 PM

I like the new colors much more. I would suggest that there is not enough contrast between your lights and darks. As Erlik suggested, maybe a lit window or something similar.

zescanner ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 4:31 PM

I'm sure there are things you could do to make it better still (aren't there always?), but I think this version is good. Even with the brightening of the light it still looks like night. I think you have done well.

ysvry ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 9:10 PM

id add some distand city light close to the horizon and make the picture darker again.

for some free stuff i made
and for almost daily fotos

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.