Tue, Oct 1, 7:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Freestuff in wrong place.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 5:56 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 5:43 PM

Why are there bryce objects and vue desprit ones (vob) in the poser free stuff? They shouldnt be there, they cant be used in poser without bryce or vue (and sometimes they cant be exported even if you do have bryce or vue).

blonderella ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 6:22 AM

probably the people to ask are the mods as a regular member of Rendo wouldn't know why they're there instead of under their own category...drop one of the mods an IM and let them know...

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 6:57 AM

I don't see any in the first dozen pages. Look at the dropdown selection. Are you in 'Poser' or 'All'? I ask because my bookmark for some reason leads to all.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 7:13 AM

In files 25 to 36 of the poser downloads there are vue objects and I saw a bryce object but forget which one. I did check it was poser downloads before I posted my message. There could be many more of these, I realise that it could just be a mistake of people uploading them but I thought that files uploaded were checked by the mods, surely they would notice that the uploaded files didn`t actually work in poser?

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 7:17 AM

I sent a mod an IM about this.

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 10:11 AM

Bryce objets can't be exported to much of anything except Bryce, so that would be a neat trick indeed (you can import things into Bryce, then export, but that would be something else). I'm not entirely clear on this, but older Vue files might be importable in Poser, but the newer one's are 'locked' to prevent this (whazzupwiddat?)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 10:38 AM

That's odd. Possibly a tech problem because I routinely have to edit the categories since a lot of people try to put everything under "Poser". Please send me an IM with the usernames/filenames and I'll check it out. Karen Poser Mod

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 10:51 AM

Message sent.

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 11:09 AM

Thanks, all fixed now :-)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

tastiger ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 1:21 PM

What I have noticed is that when I use the search function, it doesn't matter what catergory I am in - I always get results from all catergories. That can be a bit frustrating....

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.