Wed, Sep 18, 11:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: installing Poser 4 on a second hard drive on an xp pro computer

droyd ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 10:18 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 11:09 AM

Hi Folks, Can someone recommend an easy method of installing poser on my "F" drive? I searched the forum and I've read plenty about the subject mostly as it relates to an external hard drive and some comments about a second internal, and or multiple drives. But,I'm looking for some input from anybody who uses it on another internal drive that isn't the "C" drive. Should I make a folder on the F drive and call it program files and install poser directly to it, or should I install it to the C drive and cut and paste the entire Poser runtime to the F drive? I'm sure others could also benefit from some input from people running Poser this way, give us some insight into the pro's and con's of setting Poser up on another drive other than C. I was doing fine till my 3 year old drive went bad a couple months ago, since I bought a new main drive I got the "insufficient disk space" error that I was able to deal with on the original hard drive. I've wanted to try Poser on another drive to see if I can render larger resolution images since I've tried every fix to get it to work on the C drive but it won't render over 1000ppi. Thanks in advance!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 10:31 PM

Just install it on the drive of your choice. You don't need a folder named Program Files. I use E: for my Poser installations. I created one for P5 called, oddly enough, P5 and a similar one for P6. P4 installation is the same. Nothing to worry about, really straightforward.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

droyd ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2006 at 10:41 PM

Thanks SamTherapy for the quick response. I'm so "programmed" to install all my programs to C drive the thought of just installing it so simply to another drive, and that Poser can find everything it needs without pitching a fit, seems too easy, but hey I like easy...

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 2:27 AM

It IS that easy :o) If you've already got Poser installed on C: you can just copy ythe whole lot to your new F: as well. Poser doesn't rely on any entries in the registry, so you can move it around as you like. Of course you'll have to edit the shortcuts to point at the new location, but that's all :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.