Sat, Oct 5, 6:14 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: Thank You! (P6 Reinstallation)

xoconostle ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 1:13 PM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 10:00 AM

I'd recently asked for advice here regarding uninstalling, then re-installing Poser 6. I want to offer a big thank you to everyone who responded with lots of good advice. Although I now think that the problem was a matter of corrupted files, the advice regarding memory testing, RAM replenishment apps, etc. was still useful. I really appreciate all the altruism in our community. I'll reiterate in case it's helpful to anyone else. I was having some annoying problems that I assumed were related to memory management: 1) Renders were taking longer than usual ... my HDD sounded like it was grinding away, even if it is just a simple "Vicky in a dynamic dress" image without lots of high-poly props. 2) Renders were stopping, as if finished, about halfway through. 3) Animations rendered out to image files would render about halfway, then the next frame would do the same, and so on. I tried re-installing to fix these problems about two months ago. It didn't help at all. During that re-install, I kept several config files so that I wouldn't have to set up the interface, python scripts, etc. from scratch. That was probably my error. I had also re-installed SR 1 before applying SR2. I have no idea if that's "wrong," but when I re-installed last night, I ignored SR1 and just applied SR2 after the base app installation. Although I regret not being able to isolate exactly what had gone wrong in the first place, all three of the problems were fixed by the clean install. I set up a high-poly scene ... it rendered surprisingly quickly, with no complaint from the hard drive. I rendered an animation sequence ... no problems. Each frame was completed. I'm a happy Poseristo again. Thank you again for all the great advice and your goodwill.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.