Sun, Oct 6, 11:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Movement for the abolishment of white and cream backgrounds

Mock ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 8:08 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 6:30 AM

Ive been against the default Renderosity backgrounds sense they were changed from black and yes I set my personal preferences to black background. But now with the marketplace and forums blindingly white once again Id just like to voice my opinion that it looks cheep the best looking web-sight are the ones that tend to be darker the bright white ones look generic. I dont want Renderosity looking generic (you remember the generic no label brands dont you white labels black lettering)

Lucie ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 9:09 AM

It's a matter of taste I guess, I used to like dark backgrounds but I find I now prefer lighter backgrounds to darker ones, I'm kinda sick of seeing black or really dark ones... I find it much easier to read on a lighter one as well...

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

BDC ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 9:36 AM

I agree with Mock the offwhite or darker backgrounds do look better. I am hoping that we'll be able to set our own color schemes like the old way though.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act" ~George Orwell

Lucie ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 9:42 AM

The background on my computer doesn't appear blindingly white though, it's more like a greyish color, the only place where it's really white is where I type the message. one mesage out of two is on that greyish color, the other are on a pale blue background.

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

iloco ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 11:27 AM

There should be an option like other php forums to have different type of styles so people can pick one they like better than the default one. I don't see why this can not be done here at new RO forum. :)

ïÏøçö

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 11:31 AM

been stated further down your SOL on this. the white's staying...

SWAMP ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 1:51 PM · edited Wed, 05 April 2006 at 1:55 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

file_336982.jpg

SCREW the bright family friendly sterile white. Just change your browser settings.

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 3:23 PM

I'm in the group that prefers a lighter background. It looks less amateurish and is easier to read, for my personal taste. I don't care if people want to change it for their own preference, but don't force me to have to read white or yellow on black...it's terribly hard on the eyes. And on my computer, the background isn't blindlingly white. It kind of pinkish alternating with bluish, pale but certainly not blinding. Maybe its the setting but certainly not as irritating as the black background would be (for me, I'm only speaking for me). I just wish I could change the menu to the left side. But I am glad they expanded the list of items available on the menu. I was getting tired of going out to the Front Page to find links. Some good, some bad with every change. Renderosity can't make everyone happy because no two of us have the same exact preferences.

Mock ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 5:36 PM

if it's pinkish you my need to check your color calibrations. I like dark art and dark backgrounds its not a matter of pleasing every body its a matter of consistency black was the original for Renderosity. Im not sure how a white background makes it look less amateurish it seems to me that it harkens back to the day when the web was young and every ftp sight had this same look.

Lucie ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 7:02 PM · edited Wed, 05 April 2006 at 7:03 PM

If yours is blindingly white, you may also need to check yours... ;)

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

Mock ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 7:12 PM

checked it last week and it's right on the money;}

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.