Thu, Sep 19, 9:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: PHP GALLERY - Request Thread :

pumecobann ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 3:49 PM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 7:01 AM

I just thought I'd start a request thread for the up-coming PHP gallery. I have a request - just one: Suppose I created an image and wanted to upload it to the gallery. And suppose I chose to create that image using various applications - in order to get the best result. Poser - used to make a figure. ZBrush - used to tweak that figure. Bryce - used to compose and render the scene incorporating that figure. The way things are now, its not possible to upload your image and allow it to fall under multiple catagories; unless you upload the image multiple times and make your gallery page look as if you had a memory-blank. The supposed image has an equal right to be catagorized under Poser, ZBrush, and Bryce - NOT just one of them. In conclusion: Multiple selections please, that would be BIG-TIME neat. Len. (Well, that's what I want anyway) :tt2:

The wait can be horrific, but the outcome can be worse - pumeco 2006

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 4:53 PM

hmm..then my secret would be out..;) Would mollify the purists, tho..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Dann-O ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 9:40 PM

I think that would be great. I sometimes change the gallery that a picture is in after a few days. Would show how much some programs are used; Pakled and myself will be filling up the Wings gallery.

The wit of a misplaced ex-patriot.
I cheated on my metaphysics exam by looking into the soul of the person next to me.

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 5:42 AM

If we are going to have multiple options, how about we add a few more like More crap. Another Brainless Naked Vicki I can't texture but who cares. For the poser users

pumecobann ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 6:37 AM · edited Sat, 08 April 2006 at 6:38 AM

LOL

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 9:32 AM

How can u see if a vicky is brainless? do they make naked vicky's with transparent heads now? :biggrin:

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 9:52 AM

@RAYRAZ: I was talking about the "Artists", and I use that term in its loosest possible meaning.

pumecobann ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 10:27 AM

Seriously though, I mean take ZBrush artists for example. They produce some 'amazing' models with it - then they stick it in, say, Poser or Bryce - and any due credit to the ZBrush work is lost. Obviously, it works both ways - but you know what I mean. Say you spent a week sculpting a monster in ZBrush, then spent just a few hours setting up and rendering the model in Bryce. What do you do? It was rendered in Bryce, but the majority of the horse-work was done in ZBrush. 1: Do you stick it under ZBrush - because most of the work was done there? 2: Do you stick it under Bryce - just because it was rendered there? It's a decision which frankly, shouldn't exist. We should be able to put our work under every catagory it belongs to. In doing so, your work would also benefit from more viewings, which - let's face it; is one of the reasons for putting-up your work in the first place; so that others can see it! Len.

Ang25 ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 1:39 PM

one word "mixed media" oh wait thats two words, lol. but what you're asking is that you can check off a list of all the progs involved and have the one render uploaded into all those galleries?

pumecobann ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 1:50 PM

Exactly, yes. Just for that - I'm gonna clean your whip! Len. (And if we actually 'get' multiple options - I might even buy you a new one) :biggrin:

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 2:53 PM

aw bummer. i just love transparent pinups! :-P

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Dann-O ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 7:43 PM

Another thing I woudl like to see is this weeks most popular and most commented images. As an alternative to the hot 20 you can look at the weeks most popular images.

The wit of a misplaced ex-patriot.
I cheated on my metaphysics exam by looking into the soul of the person next to me.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2006 at 4:25 AM

The staff has already been going over this idea, going over the ramifications. i.e.; Galleries which might not have a lot of traffic would increase (good), but the Poser gallery would explode, literally (bad). (as so many people will use figures in their renders)

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2006 at 4:28 AM

Other new gallery "things"; Better algorythm for the Hot 20. It will most likely be a combination of multiple things, not just the votes. (POSSIBLY) A way to view any specific members gallery; by date, ranking, # of views, program used, etc.

pumecobann ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2006 at 5:48 AM

I take it that's a polite way of telling us 'no multiple choices' will be available. :sad: That really bugs me - but I understand what you're getting at regarding the ramifications. Len. (Bleep)

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2006 at 7:59 AM

Nope, that's saying were thinking of doing it. I was just giving up an example pro and con.

pumecobann ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2006 at 8:26 AM

Oh well, in that case - neat! I was just thinking though; what you said 'bout the Poser forum exploding. Maybe those ramifications won't be as bad as you might initially think. Because... Poser is the largest gallery anyway, so, whenever people click on Poser pics - that's bandwidth being sucked-up big-time I know. But, on the other hand; When you consider that most members will only look at a pic once anyway, you're also 'reducing' bandwidth requirements from other galleries. For example; if I'm in the Bryce gallery and I see a pic that was catagorised under Bryce AND Poser, and I decide to click on it - that's bandwidth, right? But, the thing is; when I then decide to visit the Poser gallery and see the same pic under the Poser catagory - I'm not going to use-up bandwidth again by clicking on it - because I've already seen it! I think it might balance-out much better than some might think. I mean I could be wrong, but I hope they at least give the option a trial-run, that's for sure. Len.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 1:08 AM

The Poser con; Sorry, I wasn't clear, by "explode" I mean the poor Poser staff that has to look at every image that is uploaded to check it for TOS. They'll have to hire on MANY more Coordinators to help out, lol.

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 2:24 AM

Ban Poser altoghether. Most of it is CRAP. If you took a vote among the non poser crowd, you would proboaly find most would kick its sorry butt out of here.

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 3:29 AM

On a more constructive note, why not create a MULTI-APP option. It is then up to the artist to tell us what they used. This is not like Multi media because with that you can have photo mods, image manipulation, etc. MULTI-APP examples : Poser character/Bryce render. : 3ds Max model/Zbrush modified : Wings Model/POV render. You get the idea. This would also help on the Poser front, moving some of the workload into another Area. Another thing I would like to see are seperate galleries for Finished Images and WIP's. Now I know somebody is going to say select WIP in your gallery options, but this gives you ALL the Wips. Poser, Bryce, Fractal, MAX, Etc. When posting, if you had the option of Finished Gallery/ Wip Gallery. Then designate the App/Style it would allow people with finished work to display it, and those still working on something to place it where others are interested in giving them help.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 3:47 AM

The Poser areas are the biggest on the site, I don't think they'd let you kick them out without a fight, lol! I agree on your gallery suggestions, all this would be VERY cool. Love the ideas! We are also looking to cross-reference the Freestuff area, since a lot of items can be used in more than one program.

PJF ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 3:59 AM

Quote - "Ban Poser altoghether. Most of it is CRAP. If you took a vote among the non poser crowd, you would proboaly find most would kick its sorry butt out of here. "

Without the Poser stuff there would be no Renderosity (no money). It's the price you pay for being here. ;-)

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 4:15 AM

Used to be nothing BUT Poser here when this site first started up, lol. (before my time, actually)

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 5:51 AM

Quote - "The Poser con; Sorry, I wasn't clear, by "explode" I mean the poor Poser staff that has to look at every image that is uploaded to check it for TOS. They'll have to hire on MANY more Coordinators to help out, lol."

You could ofcourse have your checked images marked as checked so the rest of the staff knows they dont have to check the image again, even if they're in another gallery. So if a bryce&poser pic was checked already by a bryce coordinator the poser coordinators see the image popping up as "checked and marked OK" or whatever and know they dont have to check it anymore. That way you wouldnt have to hire extra staff as the actual amount of images doesnt explode, it's just the amount of associations with the poser gallery that explodes.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 6:13 AM

Absolutely great idea Rayraz! I had not thought of that, thanks. :thumbupboth:

pumecobann ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 1:48 PM

So, has a date been set for the PHP galleries to appear - do you know?

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 4:48 PM

and will all our galleries disappear the moment they go php?

:b_uncertain:

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.