Thu, Sep 19, 9:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Ironic....

RealDeal ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 3:12 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 11:56 AM

early last month I got the Poser 6 / vue 5 / mover5 combo...and 4 days later found out I had to move, leaving my computer behind for at least 2 months while I work on the new house. which only has dial-up internet, by the way. My cell phone doesn't work here unless I climb on the roof. (sigh) It was nice living in the 21st century, while it lasted; back to the sticks, back to dial-up, back to the bible belt. yech. On the other hand, the house is free, I can hunt in my own back yard, and I couldn't afford a sound system that would disturb my nearest neighbor. tradeoffs.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 4:00 AM

Uh, what kind of job do you have or why did you move? Sharen

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 4:46 AM · edited Mon, 10 April 2006 at 4:47 AM

HAHA! Your story reminded me of an episode of Green Acres. Oliver had arranged to get telephone hookup on his farm, but when the telephone company came to install it, they ran out of wire at the telephone pole and didn't wire it into the house. So as a result whenever the phone rang, or they wanted to make a call, they had to climb up the telephone poll, LOL

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

JenX ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 7:52 AM

RealDeal, I totally feel your pain. I'm in the same boat, as far as connections go. Although, it is entertaining watching my kid sister talking to her boyfriend on her cell phone, and get disconnected because she walked into the wrong room lol

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 7:31 PM

Does your house there happen to have plasterwork on the walls? If it does there's a good chance there is a metal mesh (lath) on the walls that holds the plaster work to the walls, that lath could be acting like a radio shield and blocking the cell phone signials, you can also be 'a victim of terrain', the geography of the land you're on is not all the friendly to cell phone signals.

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

Jimdoria ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 11:20 AM

Attached Link: MAKE Magazine: Cell Phone Repeater

Put one of these on your roof!

Personal cell phone repeater

• DA4000MR Wireless – no connections to cell phone

• Increases cell phone range up to 50+ miles

• Amplifies 800 and 1900 MHz bands

• Use multiple cell phones and carriers at the same time

• Reduces dropped calls

• Up to 1,000 sq. ft. coverage area or one room

• Extends the life of your cell phone battery

• Jimdoria ~@>@

• Jimdoria  ~@>@

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.