Fri, Sep 20, 12:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Changing/turning off the default figure in P6...

Techyman ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 12:32 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:20 PM

How do I turn off or change the default figure in P6? I tried looking in the manual but couldn't find it. Thanks in advance...

msg24_7 ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 12:35 PM

Just delete the figure from you work area. Then go to edit > preferences and set preferred state. Make sure you have selected "launch to preferred state option" That's it... Now your Poser will start with no figure in your work area. Martin

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 1:46 PM

Msg24_7 is exactly right. Here's a tip - you can change everything else too! I put in different lights including an IBL, key light, and back light, changed the ground shader, and added a sky dome, adjusted my camera focal lengths, etc. Then I saved the preferred state. Now when Poser starts up, I'm ready to render with a nice ground and sky instead of gray background and shadow catcher only on the ground. Its much easier to delete these at startup than to add them.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Techyman ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 2:27 PM

Thanks for the info! It's exactly what I needed to know! Techyman

ashley9803 ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 10:10 PM

Don't forget that preferred state also saves your render settings, so if you always render (or preview render) in a particular way, you can default to this state each time Poser opens.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.