Mon, Oct 21, 11:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: Jewelry for guys, and has anyone tried the "Jewelry Construction Kit"?

BastBlack ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 5:37 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 12:36 AM

I need jewelry for Visual Kei and J-Rock guy characters, but there isn't much out there for the guys. I've picked up what I can (mostly retro-gothic stuff), but it's still not doing the trick for me.  :(

The Jewelry Construction Kit however looks promising, has nice details like fittings, lots of options, and it's on sale. But it's a bit confusing too.  (e.i. Jewelry Construction Kit: Rings & Studs, Jewelry Construction Kit: 150 Pendant, Jewelry Construction Kit: Pendants & Buttons)

From what I can tell, there are 3 packages that let you design your own stuff and position the new creations where you want them on what figure you want them. (that's perfect if it includes M3 too!) But it uses a Windows application? (bummer) I'm on a Mac.   :(

It also looks like there is an alternative python script that lets you design your own stuff inside Poser. However, not all pythons scripts work in the Mac. This script looks like it has a popup menu, and I bet it won't work in the Mac Poser.  sigh

Now there is a package with jewelry already combined and ready to use (Jewelry for V3 & S3). I guess I might have to go this way because I use Mac, but I like the idea of making my own combinations. pout

I wonder if it would easy to refit creations to M3 and Koji?
I also want to make dynamic necklaces, but I'll save that for another post.  ;)

Thoughts?

bB

BastBlack ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 6:43 PM

There are some jewelry sets for the women that look nice like Hmann's Celestial Jewels Pak, and  Teardrop-Jewelry Pak, but I don't know if they can be adapted and spawned to be more guy-like. Hmm...

Anyhoo, here's some dude  jewelry I'm looking for:

Belt - The punk spike belt (back from the 80s, punk never died)
Belt - the hanging chains (a modern take on the zoot suit pocket chain)

Earring - in guys styles in silver, and nothing girly. Gemstones should be in manly shapes like square and retangle or teardrop.

Wristbands - totally a guy style, thick leather strap, sometimes with a watch face
Bracelets - guy styles in silver, nothing dainty and girly. No gemstones.

Necklace - leather strap in a "V" shape with pendants like crosses, Ankhs, Celtic knots, and teardrop gemstones.

Rings - simple rings in various thickness for every finger.

Slave Band - rings connect to bracelet would also be cool.

The picture is a not-so-glamorius photo Sebin untangling wires. You can see the belt chains, earring, and some of a necklace in this picture.

bB

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 7:23 PM

I think there is some jewellery in PoserClub Japan which may suit your needs.  Again, the range is limited. 

It would be great if you modelled original meshes.  Neccessity is the parent of invention etc, to modify the phrase for political correctness, bah.

I'd love to see what you do in the end.  I'm quite keen on the genre myself.

Eternal Hobbyist

BastBlack ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 7:43 PM

file_338964.jpg

I don't recall anything at PoserClub.jp. I'll look again.

My picture didn't do through above. Here's another try.

bB

BastBlack ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 7:57 PM

file_338966.jpg

Here's some more, some things from lovehong and hot topics.

bB

BastBlack ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 9:25 PM · edited Wed, 19 April 2006 at 9:26 PM

Getting back to you, Infinity, yeah. It may come down to doing it myself. I have been thinking about how I would build each part, for instance the classic spiked belt. Would I make it a posable erc figure, or a conforming figure? Some of the necklaces I've already planned how to make them ERC, so when figures are moving, jumping, kicking... the necklace can move too. I don't have Poser Physics, but I wonder if it would work on a non-human figure, so a necklace could collide against it's wearer? Hmm... bB

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 9:31 PM

I don't own Poser Physics either, unfortunately, so can't comment on that. 

Have you thought of using the jewellery as dynamic pieces instead of conforming ?  That might be another approach.

Eternal Hobbyist

BastBlack ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 10:44 PM · edited Wed, 19 April 2006 at 10:53 PM

There is a pearl dynamic necklace in the freestuff. I'm not sure how easy or hard it would be to make dynamic jewelry with no backfacing polygons. I think it might be harder. Pearls are round, so there's no change for an inner backfacing polygon. Draping a necklace would look a lot more realistic in dynamic, but I don't know well it would animate on a moving figure. ERC seems like an easy solution. I should visit the poser physics page again. Meanwhile, maybe I can a set of poses that converts jewel props to a M3 fit. So far the guy jewelry things out I know of are: D3 Immortal Darkness (just picked it up during the PP sale and got extra textures as a freebie! The Snake ones are killer). D3 necklace (at DAZ freestuff) D3 IMAGINATION SET (at DAZ frrestuff) D3 David Fantasy Set (At DAZ) M3 Refined Tastes (at RDNA) has a ring and cane I think. M3 Bondage (At Renderosity) has collars and wristbands M3 Sensual Male (at Renderpsoty) just picked this one up too. It's on sale. I wanted the sandles! M3 Hoop Earrings (RDNA freebie?) M3 Wedding Band (at DAZ freestuff) M3 Uzilite (at Daz) has a Mars necklace M3 Trekgirl (at her site) Has a free goldchain H3 Prince of Tides belly button anchor (at his site) M2 Temple Guards (at RDNA) has hoop earrings and forehead studs. M2 Arm Band (freebie at Male poser) M2 Cowrie necklace (RDNA freestuff?) M3 Woodelf (at DAZ) earring And that's it. That's all I know of. Not much is it? bB

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 11:21 PM

I have also used V3 and MayaDoll items which I think might look good on an androgynous Visual Kei male.  I have to re-fit them and re-parent them to the M3 figure.  Or just deal with a lot of adjustment, ugh.

The Uweg necklace is nice for M3. 

Pdxjim has made some M2 and Vittorio (male V3) jewellery which may be suitable, and that's hidden away somewhere on the internet with his other things for M2.  Send him a PM, and ask.

Eternal Hobbyist

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2006 at 4:03 AM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=33589

BillyT has a set here with spike bracelets and -belts like your pic.

It's a lovely set!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

vilian ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2006 at 4:21 AM

Unfortunately I can't give you any advice, but I really would like to see what you will do with the jewelery :) Me is huge fan of X-Japan - those guys really were something :) droooling  :thumbupboth:

BTW, how are your Inuyasha-themed renders going ? droooling too

Trekkie, how could put this link here just like that... Waaaaah, me wants to have it, of course fitted to Hiro drooling even more :tt1:

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

BastBlack ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2006 at 1:13 PM · edited Thu, 20 April 2006 at 1:22 PM

file_339069.png

Trekgirl,

Oh whoa. I totally missed the Billy stuff. Thanks for the link, Trekgirl.  :D
I'm can't really tell from the pictures, are those textures that have spikes or is it actually modeled spikes on the wristbands and belt. Thanks.

Some other things I missed:

1. M3 and M2. Renap has historial type guy jewelry there like in the Mahraja and Native Americans here in the marketplace.

2. P4Male PoserWorld has some Egyptian jewelry

3. M2 DAZ Real Egyptians has armbands, anklets, and a broad collar

4. M3 DAZ Tribal clothing has some desert Africa jewelry

infinity,

Uweg necklace? blink blink Did I miss that one?
I have a few things by Pdxjim. I'll look back over them. I don't see anywhere to download Pdxjim's freebies other than DAZ.

I saw someone made a pose that could covert props to smart props. I'll have to open the file in a text editor to see how it's done. That could be handy to have. Hope it works on the Mac.

vilian,

I have a feeling I'm not going to give up on this issue anytime soon. The Guys need their bling. ;)  Maybe I'll comeup with some solution.  I'm new to Visual Kei and J-rock, K-rock, so there's still alot of discovery for me. I'm having fun with it. There's a complete lack of this kinda of style in the US, so I've really taken to it. Poor Inu is getting a bit neglicted at the moment, I've been guilty of spending my free time downloading pictures and videos of Eve lately.  heeh heeh  ;)

bB

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 12:42 AM

file_339149.jpg

I tinkered around tonight with the "Jewelry Constrution Kit" freebies. They're nice, so I went ahead and bought the base sets. JCK earrings are pretty easy to reposition for M3, export, import, and make a smart prop, it takes awhile to do. However, I must doing something wrong because my smart props don't save to the prop library as smart props. I'm also changing jewelry that has dangling pieces, like earrings and necklace charms, so that they are posable. J-Rock Boy needs to head bang, and stiff unmovable jewelry isn't going to hack it. ;p So far posable conversions are working really well! Yea! =D I've converted the Sensual Male Choker, APS cross earrings, and JCK hoops. You can see them int the render I posted. =D bB

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 1:27 AM · edited Fri, 21 April 2006 at 1:29 AM

Sorry to start babbling again, but I have to do say, "HOLY COW!" I just downloaded the Ring sets of the Jewelry Construction Set.... and ... and... I took it into Virtual PC on my Mac to see if the Windows jewelry-making program would work in there. IT DID! WHOA! This is a cool little app! Basty is impressed. Why hasn't some told me about this sooner? Damn. I'm so glad I didn't buy the premade V3 SP set, this is way better! Many of my jewelry wants can be solved by this little app (but not all of them of course). Too bad M3 is not included in the base pose sets. It has V2, V3, judy, SP, and Posette. I wonder if I can talk D3d into doing a Male version of the Kit? =D bB

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 5:28 AM

Hey, cool !!!

Eternal Hobbyist

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 8:30 AM · edited Fri, 21 April 2006 at 8:33 AM

Okay, doing some more JCK testing. I tried the JCK.py python script this morning in Poser ProPack for the Mac. I didn't think it would work, but surprisingly, the menu did pop-up. That's the first time I've ever gotten a pop-menu in the Mac Poser! The "Select Jewelry" button doesn't point to anything, as well as "Select Link" and "Select Pendant" but the "Select Pose" does work. This is encouraging. I didn't think a pop-up menu would work at all. After clicking all over the place, I did manage to trigger an error message: Tk_Init error: can't find tk resource or Macintosh HD:System Folder:Extensions:Tool Command Language:tk8.3:tk.tcl; perhaps you need to install Tk or set your TK_LIBRARY environment variable? Traceback (innermost last): File "", line 321, in ? File "Macintosh HD:!Poser4:Runtime:Python:Lib:lib-tk:Tkinter.py", line 886, in init self.tk = _tkinter.create(screenName, baseName, className) TclError: can't find tk resource or Macintosh HD:System Folder:Extensions:Tool Command Language:tk8.3:tk.tcl; perhaps you need to install Tk or set your TK_LIBRARY environment variable? bB

Glimmer ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 2:02 PM

Did you have take an look here: http://lafiesta.sakura.ne.jp/

Under GuY's Project are Padlock-Bracelet for M3

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 2:57 PM

Oh whoa, eyes bug out
Thanks for the link!  I didn't know about this website.  =D

p.s.
I tested out the JCK on the windows machine. So far, no problems making things with the Windows App. I sent a message to Dimension3D about the Mac python error and about maybe adding a new kit for the guys. Wouldn't that be sweet? ;)

bB

pleonastic ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 3:02 PM

wow, an error message that's actually informational! it sounds like poser's mac python installation doesn't include building tkinter (which is a commonly used graphical user interface for python), and in fact tcl/tk doesn't seem to be there (which is a scripting language and an interface kit). i don't know much about the mac, but it is probably possible to build that separately, or to even get binaries, since it is such a standard piece of software. which mac operating system are you using? how much do you know about dealing with the OS?

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 3:24 PM

Scripts using tkinter don't work on the Mac (to my knowledge). Sadly ...

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 4:33 PM · edited Fri, 21 April 2006 at 4:40 PM

Overall, tkinder is not Mac friendly but it is the Mac Poser Pro Pack.
But tkinder is not in P6 Mac. It was discontinued.

Somehow P.C. Bos (Paul Christiaan Bos) figured out a tkinder work-around for Mac Poser Pro Pack for his "Environment Creator Deluxe." You can find it here:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=1186&cat=46

He was very helpful in our email exchanges. You read about the Mac here:
http://www.pcbos.nl/Poser_Website/Programs.html

So, I think it is possible to get tkinder working, and JCK did bring up the pop-up menu. Maybe some of the tkinder changes I made to adabt PP to  "Environment Creator Deluxe" helped with JCK?  The problem I ran into alot was python trying to find something and it wasn't there. Mac's have a different file system. I get bad Poser Mats and textures on figures and objects ALL THE TIME. I've gotten used to editing everything in a text editor before opening it in PP.  P6 doesn't go into an endless loop looking for missing things like PP/P4 does, so it's not as frustrating.

fyi, JCK did work the first time I opened it, but then I broke it after awhile and got the error message. lol.  I did my test in OS9, Poser Pro Pack.   P6 doesn't have tkinder so I didn't bother with P6 in OSX 2 or OSX4.

bB

Glimmer ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 4:39 PM

Quote - Oh whoa, eyes bug out
Thanks for the link!  I didn't know about this website.  =D

bB

I'm glad that you like the page. By the way, did you have purchased all the jewelery consturction sets, or just a few. (And which ones?)

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 4:50 PM

All of them:
Jewelry Construction Kit: Rings & Studs
Jewelry Construction Kit: 150 Pendant
Jewelry Construction Kit: Pendants & Buttons

They were on sale and I had one of those handy Renderosity coupons, so I splurged.  ;)

The 4th one V3 and SP jewelry already put together, this cheaper than the 3 sets, but it's only for SP and V3, doesn't have as many things as the 3 sets (it's mostly the basics), and it doesn't come with the python or the windows app to customize your own jewelry. But this could be a good way to go if you're on a budget and not as picky about jewelry like I am.  ;)

bB

vilian ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 4:50 PM

Unbookmarking, got flooded with that crazy e-bot messages ^^;

Any more WIP renders, Bast ? The guy with necklace looked very promising . And good luck on fighting with Mac Python issues :)

pleonastic ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 4:55 PM

tkinter isn't mac-friendly? hm. that would surprise me; tcl/tk is generally highly portable. that page you linked doesn't say anything about how the problem was solved, alas, it just offers a download that's probably only useful to people who have the base program. you didn't say what OS you're using. i did a little more digging, since i am contemplating shifting my poser experimentations from windows to the mac. there is indeed an open-source tcl/tk implementation for mac os x 10.3 and up available here. i will probably eventually try this out, but need to scrounge up some free time first.

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 5:19 PM

Attached Link: Did you see this render? It's an eariler version.

I know. The few threads alerts I get from Rosity is nothing compared to alerts flooding my email box from YouTube. I'm getting flooded because I joined a group there. ;p

Thanks.  :) 
He does look very promising. I'm still tweaking his head morph, but it's looking pretty good. =)

I don't have to fight with the python. That's why I run Virtual PC, it's a work around for things that are unMac friendly. I don't know about BootCamp for the new intel Macs, but I bet it's as handy as Virtual PC has been for me.  :)

bB

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 5:35 PM · edited Fri, 21 April 2006 at 5:37 PM

I test pythons in OS 9.2, OSX 2 and, OSX 4.
I have the Poser Pro Pack and P6.

There's a whole list of handy python scripts that don't work in the Mac. Most of the new python scripts being written now do work in the Mac, such as: all the PhilC and Kam python scripts, Wardrobe Wizard, Shape Shifter, Cloth Room Helper, Poser Tool Box, Puppet Master Biped and Quadped; PoseWorks scripts like Shader Spider; Real Skin shader; and Environment Creator Deluxe.

There are a few common problems with python in the Mac. Anyone who uses Wardrobe Wizard in the Mac will see some of things that you have to do if you're on a Mac.

From what I remember, for EC2 it was the file names and placement of documents in the Mac that causes problems for tcl/tk. The python script has trouble locating things. The PC Bos download "hack",  I'm not sure how it works. I'm not a python script writer, I just test the scripts,  ...and the patience of the script writers. heeh heeh  ;)

I have a hunch that Macs are going to continue to rise in popularity, so it might be wise to plan ahead with the Mac in mind.  :D

b

vilian ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 4:25 AM

Pwetty boy ! Meowww :wub:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.