Mon, Oct 21, 11:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:26 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: DAZ Ships Hexagon 2

Ringo ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 9:37 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 2:15 AM

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

April 27, 2006

DAZ Ships Hexagon 2

Compelling 3D modeler is DAZ’s first software release following Eovia acquisition;

Introductory offer delivers dramatic price break to DAZ Platinum Club Members

Draper, Utah, USA – April 27, 2006 DAZ Productions Inc., a leading developer of professional quality 3D models and software, today announced the immediate availability of DAZ Hexagon 2, its newly acquired 3D polygonal and subdivision modeling software.

“Our very recent acquisition of Eovia has put DAZ at the forefront of change within the 3D industry,” said Dan Farr, president of DAZ Productions. “The biggest part of this shift is breaking down perceptions about the tools professional artists should use, and proving that it is no longer only a field for the elite. Coinciding with this, DAZ is now putting its name on the new Hexagon 2, a highly accessible yet expert modeling tool that represents a grand evolution in its own right.”

The Hexagon 2 modeling software delivers a highly intuitive and augmented set of tools for modeling, refining, UV mapping, texturing and previewing detailed 3D creations. It’s freehand brush modeling capabilities provide a breadth of displacement brushes to refine 3D models by smoothing, pinching, and inflating the geometry or by adding high-resolution details. A complete UV-mapping module including one-click UV-Unwrap enables 3D artists to easily apply UV-maps on 3D objects. Through the new 3D paint tools, users can apply textures using brushes and imported textures or choose from a large choice of predefined textures.

Hexagon 2 now also is compatible with popular graphics tablets for more precise and flexible results. To speed workflow, the software delivers immediate previews of finished models by way of ultra-fast Ambient Occlusion simulating Global Illumination and real-time shadows. Once a 3D model created in Hexagon 2 is ready for rendering, it can be seamlessly exported into most any rendering software application including DAZ’s powerful and approachable 3D workhorse, Carrara. Hexagon 2 is available for both Macintosh OS X and Windows.

In conjunction with the Hexagon 2 release, DAZ has announced a limited time promotion,

which ends May 31, 2006, providing the electronic download version (ESD) of Hexagon 2 at the DAZ webstore for the nominal price of US$1.99 for new and current members of DAZ’s

(more)

Platinum Club. Initial cost to join the Platinum Club is US$29.95, with a monthly renewal fee of US$7.95. Alternatively, members can choose to join for an entire year with a flat fee of US$99.95. This special offer for Hexagon 2 ends May 31, 2006, after which the software will be priced at US$269 for the full version or US$119 for the upgrade from Hexagon 1. As a thank you to customers who pre-ordered the Hexagon 2 upgrade, DAZ will provide them a free one month Platinum Club membership with an option to renew, a US$30 value, along with a US$100 voucher which can be used on the DAZ store.

Physical versions of Hexagon 2 are expected to begin shipping in June 2006. Hexagon 1 was introduced to the 3D industry by Eovia Corporation in spring 2005. Eovia announced Hexagon 2 and its new features just last month. DAZ acquired Eovia Corp. along with the Hexagon and Carrara technology on April 13, 2006.

More information about DAZ Hexagon 2 software including a complete feature list can be found on the DAZ website at: www.daz3d.com.

About DAZ Productions

Founded in 2000, DAZ Productions Inc., a privately-held company located in Draper, Utah, is a market leader in 3D software and digital content creation. The company’s model library is renowned for containing high-quality 3D content at the industry’s most competitive prices. DAZ also develops powerful software applications that support its content, including Bryce®, a 3D environment and animation package; Carrara™, a leading edge, complete 3D modeling, animation and rendering solution; DAZ|Studio™, a free 3D digital art creation tool; Hexagon™, a polygonal modeling software for the creation of  ‘ready-to-render’ 3D models; and Mimic™, a lip-synching application. DAZ’s products have been used in many professional productions, television shows and print publications such as “X-Men 2,” “Spiderman,” “Average Joe,” “48 Hours,” The Wall Street Journal, Popular Science, Scientific American, and the History Channel. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.daz3d.com.

Copyright 2006 DAZ Productions, Inc. DAZ|Studio software is a copyright of DAZ Productions Inc. DAZ and Bryce are Registered Trademarks of DAZ Productions Inc. Mimic is a trademark of DAZ Productions Inc. Carrara, Eovia and Hexagon are registered trademarks or trademarks of Eovia Corp in the United States and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, service marks or trademarks belong to their respective holders.

For more information, press only:DAZ Productions                                                Liaison PR

Karen Smyth                           Kerry Tescher

+1 (650) 938-0515 x101                             +1 (503) 796-9822

karen@eovia.com                                        kerry@liaisonpr.com

Jconxtc ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 9:50 PM · edited Thu, 27 April 2006 at 9:50 PM

ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME! NOW I KNOW WHY I GOT A HUNDRED DOLLAR GIFT FROM DAZ! HOLY HELL!

CarltonMartin ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 9:54 PM

Yeah. Really. And I could have bought the thing today, instead of waiting for them to bother sending me my pre-order link. Really, really stinks. They had a chance with me, and I think they just blew it.

bstockwell ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 10:12 PM

Quote - Yeah. Really. And I could have bought the thing today, instead of waiting for them to bother sending me my pre-order link. Really, really stinks. They had a chance with me, and I think they just blew it.

I sent an email to everyone who pre-ordered earlier explaining that when we attempted to send the links at 3 pm Pacific time today, we ran into server issues that prevented that distribution. The servers handling this are in France and this issue will be delt with within a couple of hours. Those links should be to you by 2am Pacific time.

nomuse ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 11:33 PM

Whoah. I could'a got it for thirty-two bucks if I had waited? Ah, well. Serves me right for falling for that pre-order gimmick. Never again.

Dennis445 ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 11:56 PM

I paid $200.00 USD for version 1 on April 6th only because I was lead to believe that the price for version 2 would go up to a cost of $269.00 USD.

I dont even get the $100.00 gift cert.

If it wasnt for the fact that I really like Eovia's software I would be upset.

I'm glade to hear its now avaliable and hope to be able to download it soon.

Thanks for the info Bob

Any idea as to when the free upgrade will be avaliable for the users who purchase hex 1 between march 1 and april 30th 2006? I understand that the people who puchased the upgrade will get it sooner.

bstockwell ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 12:00 AM

It will follow closely behind the delivery to the pre-order upgrades.  I'm hoping to have that out tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for the support!
-bob

Bea ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 1:07 AM

Quote - I paid $200.00 USD for version 1 on April 6th only because I was lead to believe that the price for version 2 would go up to a cost of $269.00 USD.

I dont even get the $100.00 gift cert.

If it wasnt for the fact that I really like Eovia's software I would be upset.

I'm glade to hear its now avaliable and hope to be able to download it soon.

Thanks for the info Bob

Any idea as to when the free upgrade will be avaliable for the users who purchase hex 1 between march 1 and april 30th 2006? I understand that the people who puchased the upgrade will get it sooner.

DAZ always have a 30 day money back guarantee. Maybe you should see if you can get the money back on the Hexagon 1 and then get Hexagon 2 at the special price. Would that work out cheaper if you could do that?

Dennis445 ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 1:20 AM

I dont think this applies as I have installed  version 1 on my computer.

It would be nice if Daz offered the deal to those of us that purchased with in the last month that they gave to the users that upgraded.

I'm not dissapointed in the price, I am shocked that this software is under valued. Its a great marketing scheme on Daz's part, I have no ill feeling towards Daz as I have purchased some of their products in the past and recieved alot of free content from them as well as off of magazines.

If I would have know I would have waited but sometime that happens.

I trying to quit smoking and this isn't helping. :)

electronicpakrat ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 7:12 AM · edited Fri, 28 April 2006 at 7:12 AM

Quote - Whoah. I could'a got it for thirty-two bucks if I had waited? Ah, well. Serves me right for falling for that pre-order gimmick. Never again.

All is not lost... It was said in chat and elsewhere that while DAZ was trying to try to stop the Pre-orders, the existing (previous owners) of Eovia didn't want to. This is/was most unfortunate. However, DAZ is allowing refunds of pre-orders so that they may purchase PC memberships and get Hexagon for $2. If you choose not to stay after one month, then cancel. :biggrin: Although, should you do this, you loose the other perks DAZ is giving to pre-order customers.

InfoCentral ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2006 at 3:14 AM

I ordered mine form Daz for $1.99 just as soon as I received their newsletter telling me about the offer.

mickmca ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 5:11 PM · edited Tue, 02 May 2006 at 5:13 PM

Quote - Although, should you do this, you loose the other perks DAZ is giving to pre-order customers.

Don't count your perks before they're hatched. I've been a DAZ customer for nearly a decade, have an account on their "forum," and have asked a couple of times about the "perks" I'm supposed to get to mollify me. Not a word in response. It could be because I'm just not a very nice person, but I haven't seen anything that says you have to be nice to get pudding you paid for.

You all should take note that your new owner is offering Poser and Bryce goodies as your rewards for sticking with Carrara. "What? You don't HAVE Poser, DAZ ("The first one's free") Studio, or Bryce??? Sit right down in the Mazola puddle and we'll talk!! Here, let me unbutton that hot old shirt...."

What happened to the Carrara add-ons we could have gotten for our willingness to underwrite Eovia's bargaining? This whole deal is something I would not let my dog rub his shoulder in. The sad thing for me is that I won't be spending the money of C5P add-ons I'd have bought in the coming months. I had three DigitalArtisanGuild plugins lined up, but no good money after bad for a while.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.