Fri, Oct 4, 3:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 03 12:34 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Just Say NO .... to Voting

TallPockets ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 3:45 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 5:39 AM

Hello. Is there still not a way with to disable the 'vote' option on an upload of mine? Or, with the 'new' gallery upcoming in the next '5' weeks (so they tell us) will that be a new feature once implemented? Thanks, in advance. Much appreciated, TallPockets. (Note to all - Please, do not vote for my works).

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 3:54 PM

I don't look to see who is on the "hot 20," which is the result of the voting button, so it doesn't bother me, but I certainly would disable it if I could just because I disable everything, and I think that's a choice the individual should have. 

If you haven't already, you might want to post to the Community Forum.

Just a thought.

:)

TallPockets ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 6:24 PM

Dear Dialyn: Hello, and thanks kindly for your reply. I find the Community Center to be less responsive, in general.  Sadly, I might add. SIGH. My best, T.P.

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 7:47 PM

They may not respond but the powers that be do read the threads.  Really.  Don't lose hope.  :)

SusiQ ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 7:20 AM

Shouldn't that be a matter of choice? Many people like to use the voting button to show their appreciation of the art/writing etc.

So why should we be the ones to deprive them of that choice?

Just a thought. Use it or don't, it's your choice...  😉

Copyright S.R. Hulley
Chin up, stay strong! Hugs!

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 8:03 AM

Shouldn't it be a choice either way:  a choice to be voted on; a choice whether to vote.  What is meaningful to one person is not of interest to another. There are a number of people who dislike the Hot 20 because, in many galleries, it is more a popularity contest than it is any indication of ability, and those people should have an "opt out" choice.  If you enjoy the voting process, then vote for the people who like to participate in it.  But for those of us who would rather not be included, we should have that as a choice too.  Shouldn't choice go both ways?

TallPockets ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 10:18 PM

I just feel uncomfortable getting votes and would prefer to be able to disable the vote option on 'my' uploads. As I currently do with the 'rating' option. I'd rather someone read my feeble attempts at writing and maybe get something meaniful or enjoyable from it. I have no desire to be a vote getter of any kind or level. To each their own, I say. It's a free country. Well, it was until a short time back, I think. WINK. PEACE to one and all. T.P. (Big HI to Miss SusiQ~).

SusiQ ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2006 at 5:32 AM · edited Fri, 05 May 2006 at 5:35 AM

Hi Sir TP!

Now I understand. I was in a bit of a fog for a while here and everywhere else. Something to do with the allergy medicine I am on. LoL.
I am sure the powers that may be will surely allow us the opportunity to make our choices... We will just have to nudge them with our bony elbows a bit.... LoL...

Hey, I have a dungeon that I could hold them in until they concur? It's a bit dark, dank and dangerous considering all the rats, fleas and mosquitoes in there, but that might just make them give in a bit sooner?

Hugs to all...

Copyright S.R. Hulley
Chin up, stay strong! Hugs!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.