Sun, Sep 15, 7:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 5:10 am)

Subject: How is my Macro???

tofi ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 3:11 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 10:26 PM

file_340846.jpg

A smile is a curve that has set many things straight

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 3:36 PM

Attached Link: wiki def

I'm not sure I would classify this image as a macro. Close-up? You bet, but a macro connotates things on scale much larger than we see them in real life. Wonderful photo either way. =] Check out the Wikipedia definition.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

tofi ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 5:37 PM

file_340857.jpg

OK.. maybe this....need your input, please..

tofi ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 5:38 PM

file_340858.jpg

Onslow ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 6:08 PM

To me they look fabulous:

#1 - superb - love the clean look white on white and perfect capture of colour and detail.

#2 - lovely almost abstract in style

#3 - superb angle and backlight perfect center of focus

Well done !

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

babuci ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 6:30 PM

Hi Tofi! They all cool shots, but I would call them close up. To make it macro I think you have to go closer much as you can to get all the tiny details out of them.  ( remember this:  a close shot of a spider or a macro shot of a same spider's hairy leg,) that is how I explane to myself  when I do macro. And lucky you, you have a macro lens !!

seeya

nattarious ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 7:06 PM

WOW!

The first & third to me ain't MACRO.. they call it Semi-Macro or like others say: CLOSEUP!!

The second one is almost or we can say it is Macro one.. But all of them are super shots..

Great job and very welldone !!

Regards

JOE

NATTARIOUS[C] IS A WELL KNOWN INTERNATIONAL CLUB DJ - PHOTOGRAPHER - GRAPHIC AND COMMERCIAL DESIGNER AND THE OWNER OF XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS & CERTIFIED LEGAL GOLD MICROSOFT PARTNER!

XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS® OFFICIAL WEBSITE: WWW.XOOM-ARTS.COM

XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS® Ultimate Web Templates Just Click It

TomDart ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 9:49 PM

Yes, but  if limited to 1:1 perhaps...we do what we can.  I call #2 true macro, # 1 close up adn #3 very close up.   The frist image is my fav..very lovely with the clean background. Yes, I too like the lighting in #3.....oops, I am numbering according to the lineup on the thread, not the numbers with the photos.   Hope that makes sense.        Tom.

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 10:01 PM

That top one is gorgeous.Nice composition.
One thing I used to do  like on your others is...if I saw specs of dirt  or pollen in the way I would clone them out.
Makes it cleaner.
 Way to go and keep shooting.:thumbupboth:

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Margana ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 11:06 PM

They are all wonderful shots.Truly beautiful.But my favorite is the first.I love orchids and the white background looks perfect!

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste great with ketchup.

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

FuzzyShadows ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2006 at 11:21 PM

Number two is gorgeous and my favorite.

PeeWee05 ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2006 at 1:53 AM

Yip number one and two are def macro!

Rights Come With Responsibilities VAMP'hotography Website VAMP'hotography Blog

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2006 at 7:45 AM

Attached Link: LINK

Here is a link to one of my images. I am pretty sure that you could consider it a macro, though I know some people who get even closer with their macro lenses, extension tubes and magnification filters. You could even compare...the buggie at the tope left would be closer to life size, while the big one falls into the macro category, being somewhere around 1:10. (or is that 10:1?) :m_confused2: Anyway...I would say your second 2 image fall more into the macro category, and are just beautiful! =]

Onslow ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2006 at 12:05 PM

"What's in a name? that which we call a rose,

By any other name would smell as sweet."

William Shakespeare.

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2006 at 12:23 PM

"There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in." -Leonard Cohen, musician (1934- )

tofi ( ) posted Mon, 08 May 2006 at 7:08 AM

Hello,

Sorry for the late response ..Just came back from West Coast  CA  (business" trip).

Kort, thank you for the link. Your picture is one of the best I've seen in the world of the bugs. Your picture...I can only say.....INCREDIBLE... so perfect in all aspects. It will take me ages to learn how to make one like yours...So far I am experimenting with flowers, getting ready for rocks and crystals.

Thank You all for your time and comments, which are very valuable in my rocky way to good photography.

Greetings to All

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 1:58 PM

Why thank you Dana. Glad I could help in some small way. :)

tofi ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 3:19 PM

Hello Kort, I seeeeeeeee, .....my identity has been revealed :) Warmly, tofi

Erlik ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 12:15 AM

I like the third best, but I think it would profit from a bit more illumination. 😄 BTW, have you cut out your orchid and pasted it into that background? It would certainly look much better on a dark background.

-- erlik

tofi ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 7:02 AM

Hello Friend, No, I did not cut out the orchid, but I will try later today, we'll see. Thank you for the tip.

Margana ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 8:58 AM

Not to be disagreeable,but I think the white background looks wonderful.Of course,it could look great with a dark one.I hope you'll show us the results.

Subliminal thought of the day:

Marlene <")

My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

tofi ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 4:30 PM

file_341765.jpg

As they say "be careful what you wish for" I did it, but i dont like it...

tofi ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 4:30 PM

file_341766.jpg

vlaaitje ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 5:32 PM

I love them....I prefer macro...I love to use my macro lens.....nice shots

Ilona Krijgsman: My Tree Of Life
----------------------------------

Margana ( ) posted Mon, 15 May 2006 at 1:27 AM

I prefer the second of these two...but  I still love the white ground best!

Marlene <")

My Blog

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.