Mon, Sep 16, 11:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Carrera or Carrera Pro

Graybeard ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2006 at 11:20 PM · edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 12:44 AM

I am considering buying Carrera, what with the fine offers Daz has for a Carrera/Transposer bundle.

I have been using Poser for quite a while and I am mainly looking for improved render-quality - at least so I think, but new software often brings new possibilities, so who knows...

I took a glance through the galleries here, and honestly there is some amazing stuff. I did notice, though, that much of it was rendered with Carrera Pro.

Can anyone here tell me if I will really get the improvement over Poser 6 Firefly engine I want with Carrera or if I should be getting Carrera Pro in stead

Letterworks ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2006 at 11:49 PM

Graybeard, I own C5 Pro, mainly for the increased modeling functions. Also, added import and export options. I'm fairly sure Carrara and Carrara Pro use exactly the same rendering engine. Yes,  there is a great improvement over Poser in looks and speed. Still I'd say the added functions of Pro over Carrara are well worth the additional cost.

mike

ren_mem ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 12:09 AM

The only difference in the rendering, I am aware of, is irradiance maps. Same rendering otherwise.

No need to think outside the box....
    Just make it invisible.

danamo ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 12:18 AM

If you are mainly interested in rendering static scenes I'd say you can't go wrong with Carrara5 Standard. The rendering capabilities of Carrara5 Standard and Pro are virtually the same. While both Standard and Pro have animation capabilities, Pro has more tools for the animation and video professional. Pro has Transposer2 built-in,  I figure you can't go wrong either way, but the current bundle/crossgrade offer is an exceptional bargain.

tkane18 ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 8:14 AM

C-A-R-R-A-R-A

Patrick_210 ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 11:22 AM

Pro has network rendering.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.