Fri, Sep 20, 12:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Has anybody purchased the C5Pro manual?

Techyman ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 9:50 AM · edited Wed, 21 August 2024 at 7:09 PM

I'm having a little trouble with some of the features on Carrara 5 Pro, specifically the particle generator function.  I thought about buying the manual, but for $29 I thought I had better get some reviews on it first.  Has anybody out there spent the money?  If so, do you believe it was worth it?  Does it cover the advanced functions?  Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Dennis445 ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 11:35 AM

Another option is you could go to Lynda.com and for a $25.00 one month membership they have a training course for Carrara 5 that will cover what you need and more.

jval ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 2:52 PM

As far as I know the printed manual is the same as the pdf manual that comes with the program.

• Jack

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 7:47 PM

Even though the printed manual is very similar, it just works differently being in printed form. I found I used it a lot and it was invaluable. I could research a whole subject more easily by thumbing through the book. I used it in conjunction with the online and was very glad I bought it.

Paula

jval ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 8:54 PM · edited Fri, 19 May 2006 at 8:55 PM

...it just works differently being in printed form.

Printed material is indeed more effective for some. But the point of my comment was that looking at the pdf will indicate to Techyman whether or not the printed version contains the desired information thus removing the necessity to rely upon others' opinions. It had nothing to do with the merits of printed books versus electronic pdfs.

• Jack

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.