Sat, Aug 3, 9:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Howto reset V3 morphs and other dials?

Singular3D ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 11:41 AM ยท edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 10:26 PM

A beginners question, but I search for an easy way to set all morph and scale, rotation dials of a character to zero. I tried it by hand, but it didn't work.

The character is based on V3 geometry, but has special morphs and comes as cr2. As I would like to start from scratch, I need to get rid of all the settings in the cr2 without losing the morphs.

Is there a script, which makes this possible?

Thanks in advance

• Walter

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 12:50 PM

Download and install the free utility 'MAT Pose Edit' (MPE). Load your figure in Poser, turn Inverse Kinematics off. From the menu bar select Window > Joint Editor > Zero Figure, this will zero all the rotation channels, close the Joint editor. Check that the translations of the 'Body' and 'hip' are zero. Now for the tedious part, check that the morhhs in each actor (body part) are set to zero, also check that any FBM master dials in the Body actor are zeroed. Save the figure to a pallet as 'Z'. Open MPE, load 'Z.cr2'. In the 'Save Options' tab set 'Don't save materials'. From the File menu select 'Save as', save a pose file to a pose folder, name it somthing discriptive like "FigureName-Zero.pz2". Applying theis pose will zero your figure. You can delete 'Z.cr2' as it is no longer needed. There are Python scripts to do the tedious job of zeroing all the morphs, but I don't have a link to one, you might try asking in the Poser Pyhton Forum, you might even find a Python script that does the whole job of zeroing morphs, rotations, and translations.

Singular3D ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 1:09 PM

Thanks for the fast response. I had the hope that their might be such a script. I'll try it at the Poser Phyton Forum.

The *.cr2 I referred to was Simply Well Shaped by adp. Unfortunately the morphs are included in a *.cr2 which makes it very large (almost 40MByte). As I don't need all of them, I want to analyze all the details of the *.cr2 so that I might be able to transform them to an injection based system. During this analysis I need something to get back to the basic figure with all dials set to zero.

This might also be handy in other situations and I hoped that their might be an easy solution already known.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 9:09 AM

Unfortunatly Poser itself provides no easy way to zero all the morphs at once. Python is the way to go, from memory 'Poser Tool Box' by PhillC contains a zero morphs script, along with a lot of other useful scripts, Poser Tool Box is a commertial product, the last time I looked it cost 39.95 (I assume that's US dollars). There are also free scripts available to zero morphs. The free utility Morph Manager 4 (MM4) can be used to zero all morph targets in a cr2 (or pz2), you have to load a pz2 (any pz2) first, this forces MM4 to display an extra button 'More Options' from which you can select 'Zero all morph targets in file', unfortunatly this only zeros the morph target (targetGeom) channels, not any FBM master (valueParm) channels. An old version of MAT Pose Edit (v2.0.0) used to have an option to 'Zero everything' which was very handy, but I don't think that version is available any more.

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 11:40 AM

Attached Link: Ockham's Zero All script

>>There are Python scripts to do the tedious job of zeroing all the morphs, but I don't have a link to one, you might try asking in the Poser Pyhton Forum, you might even find a Python script that does the whole job of zeroing morphs, rotations, and translations.

Yup, there is .... Ockham did write a "Zero All" script for Python.

Singular3D ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 12:50 PM

Thanks a lot. This looks very helpful...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.