Sat, Sep 21, 12:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:51 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Wild/White Water challange

ScotHarvest ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2006 at 12:10 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:36 AM

file_344734.jpg

One of my best loves is WATER... I live to swim, ocean kayak, surf, ski, snorkle, white water raft/kayak, sail.... the list goes on. But I have never been able to capture the dynamics of either ocean or river water. I would like to open a chalange if I may.... I cant imagine doing this with NO POST WORK, but please prove me wrong. Show me what you can do.... please!

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."
  --  Mark Twain --

Gog ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2006 at 5:38 AM

Hi I've been a ww kayaker for 25+years, it's one of my great loves, very few people get to explore the power of water in quite the same way as sticking a little kayak in a big river!

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

ScotHarvest ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2006 at 10:17 AM

I agree Gog_CA1. We here in California have some FANTASTIC rivers . The older (maybe wiser) I get the more respect I have for the power of mother nature and water, this is NO amusment park ride... its down right dangerous. But there is beauty in the poished bolders, cascading waterfalls, swirling eddy's and haystack waves... do you have a render for us?

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."
  --  Mark Twain --

ScotHarvest ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2006 at 11:32 PM

Well..... this turned out to be a HOT thread (NOT)! No takers?!?

--  Mark Twain --

tresamie ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2006 at 5:10 AM

file_345815.jpg

None of my spirals would give me a wave...so here is a denizen of the deep instead!  Sorry for no feedback earlier but the conversion has had us all hopping!

Fractals will always amaze me!

Gog ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2006 at 10:13 AM

Just too overloaded to play :( sorry!

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Satanimus ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 9:36 PM

Out of curiosity...what's the finish date on this one??

Gods need mortals to believe in them or they die, if gods die are they not mortal, and if they are mortal...why then do we call them gods??.

ScotHarvest ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 11:05 PM

There is no end date... this is just an open ended challange. I kinda just took it upon myself to post this challenge... hoping some of you would enjoy this!

--  Mark Twain --

Satanimus ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2006 at 3:14 PM

Cool...I'll see what I can come up with.... I take it we can use any programme or indeed none if we choose? eg, the good old fashioned paints box and brushes....

Gods need mortals to believe in them or they die, if gods die are they not mortal, and if they are mortal...why then do we call them gods??.

ScotHarvest ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2006 at 7:37 PM

Knock yer self out.... give us your best try (maybe you can even tell us HOW you did it!). I'll even embarass myself and try again...LOL

--  Mark Twain --

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.