Sun, Sep 15, 12:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 12 1:46 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Why do I keep having to Log In at the Forums?

ratscloset ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 12:18 AM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 2:42 PM

The last few times I have had to Log In. what is up with that?

ratscloset
aka John

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 1:13 AM

Something to do with a new server for the forums.
I've found that if I go to the MarketPlace page then into the forums, I don't have to login.
Going straight to the forums form the front page means I have to login.
Must be some sort of cookie problem.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 1:16 AM

Yes, its server related. Maybe try logging out, then deleteing Renderosity cookies, then logging back in..hopefully this will clear it up..

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

hewee ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 1:20 AM

Same trouble here. Used to just come here to renderosity.com and was logged into the gallery and the forum. Then they changed it so you had to login to market.renderosity.com to get to the forums. Now you have to login to excalibur.renderosity.com to get to the forums. But it will not remember my password now with the new excalibur.renderosity.com so I hve to type it in each time. I am using netscape 7 and it's a pain to have to login to the forum when we are already logged into the gallery but now to have type every each time to get here to the forums is a super pain in the rear. :(

hewee ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 1:22 AM

The time is off again too I see because it is 11:20 PM and post says 1:20 am.

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 1:25 AM

The Renderosity server time is 1:25am:)

hewee ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 1:39 AM

Hi StaceyG, Ok but is there a way to change the time like all other forums? What about the password troubles?

hewee ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 1:47 AM

StaceyG, Just looking at my cookies and I do not see any cookies from excalibur.renderosity.com so maybe that is why the forum can not remember me. But even still checking the remember password box should bring up my password manager but does not.

hewee ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 2:15 AM · edited Sat, 10 June 2006 at 2:17 AM

Not getting any cookies from market.renderosity.com either. So right now I guess you changing this because I only get cookies from renderosity.com. Sorry for all the post but I can not edit the above post. Edit: Ok there is a edit that is showing now but guess it can not remember me if I leave the site and come back because of no site cookies etc.

Ofthepast ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 3:48 AM

Having the same problem.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 9:36 AM

same here
its beyond annoying now.
i must have logged in over a hundred times in the past week. the first time i actually had to look up my password, because ive been logged in to renderosity for about 3 years before that. its frustrating to have to log in every couple of hours.

spedler ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 10:08 AM

Yes, this is intensely irritating. And easy enough to fix, I would have thought?

Steve

modus0 ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 10:11 AM

Well, as nruddock pointed out, if you go to the marketplace first you can get to the forums logged on, although IMHO that's a poor work-around.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 10:19 AM

I'll pass this info along to the proper person and see whats going on and if we can get this resolved. It was happening to me but some how for some reason now I am staying logged in???? I'll let you guys know

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 10:37 AM

Just in case it helps 😄

It might be a naming problem with the cookies.
I have ones named "UserName" and "Password" from logging in on the front page, and also ones named "username" and "password" from logging in via the market place.
(These are all the new site wide cookies).

spedler ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 11:17 AM

I've only got the one cookie, from market.renderosity.com. On an ASP system, IIRC by default you only get 20 minutes with no activity then the system kicks you off. Seems similar to what's happening here since I've noticed that if I log on, then go do something else for a while, I have to log in again when I come back. I don't know much about PHP but presumably it works in a similar way?
Might explain why Stacey isn't seeing this - she's on the system all the time, never hits the timeout.

Steve

spedler ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 11:45 AM

(Later) - yup, just tried it. 20 minutes of inactivity and the system dumps me straight back out and I have to log in again. That's a silly bug.

Steve

mylemonblue ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 12:23 PM · edited Sat, 10 June 2006 at 12:35 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

file_344897.jpg

:huh: "Fluffy the destroyer of worlds" denies having anything to do with this kitten or any hardware the kitten might be pointing his bang stick at. Hehehehe.  :biggrin:

:scared:

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

jc ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2006 at 9:40 AM

LOL, mylemonblue - humor warped into a fine state. Just trimmed all nose hair...

bonestructure ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2006 at 10:04 AM

NOTHING seems to fix the login problem. It's extremely annoying.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2006 at 12:12 PM

Quote - (Later) - yup, just tried it. 20 minutes of inactivity and the system dumps me straight back out and I have to log in again. That's a silly bug.

Which would explain why a detailed reply led to me getting the login-page, and me then having to do some fiddling at this end to recover the reply-text

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2006 at 12:48 PM

Me too, and boy is it infuriating!  I hope this isn't another 'bug' that will never get fixed.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Peelo ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2006 at 7:36 PM

I have to log in every 20 minutes or so. Gallery is slugish and slow. I can't see how many people have viewed an image. I allso can't send private messages.

-Morbo will now introduce the candidates - Puny Human Number One, Puny Human Number Two, and Morbo's good friend Richard Nixon.
-Life can be hilariously cruel

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 11:58 AM

Okay these login issues should be resolved now. Please let me know if you still experience issues regarding login

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 12:40 PM

well, i just refreshed this thread (since yesterday) and didnt  have to enter my login.... so looking good so far

thanks stacey :)

wildman2 ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 1:01 PM

The only way that  I can get to the forums is with IE, Firefox just gives me an infinite loop of login.grrr cleared cache ,cookies, etc

"Reinstall Windows" is NOT a troubleshooting step.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 1:39 PM

this transitional period will have to end quickly. It can't be good for business as long as this log-in issue persists (it's been about 2 weeks now for me). at first I thought it was browser dependent, but now it happens, regardless of which browser or OS I use. p.s. I spotted mylemon's kitty photo last week, when doing a google image search using "faster pussycat kill kill". :lol:

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 4:02 PM

Quote - The only way that  I can get to the forums is with IE, Firefox just gives me an infinite loop of login.grrr cleared cache ,cookies, etc

im using firefox, no problems here. you couldnt pay me to use IE :(
are you running a scriptblocker for firefox? ie: NoScript? if so, then you have to allow renderosity.com since the login is a script.

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 4:04 PM

LOL - Gabe - I Use IE you couldnt pay me to use Firefox.  :lol:

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 4:05 PM

:blink:
i just lost all respect for you clint

:)

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 4:07 PM

haha - Hi Gabe. 😄

Now now. Tell Rio I said hello.

I had a bad experience with Firefox the last time I loaded it up. It kinda hijacked my system and screwed up a few things when I deleted it off my system.

However, I do hear it is nice and a lot of people like it.

Clint Hawkins

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

williamsn ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 4:14 PM

Clint, I would suggest that your system hijacked itself. Firefox is not in the habit of hijacking systems. Windows and IE, however, are. In fact, I have heard of Apple computers being rendered completely useless after some people have tried to install Virtual PC (a Windows product). Some very important kernel and system propertylist files simply went missing after the Virtual PC install script was finished running. Very suspicious. To prevent your system from "hijacking" itself, might I suggest a host of other more stable, more realiable (and more affordable) operating systems other than Windows? :tt2: N

-Nicholas

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 4:17 PM

Nope, Intel and Microsoft own the world.  :lol:

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

hewee ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 10:48 PM

Login has worked great today. Really I should I do not have to login to the forum anymore because I keep the cookie for the gallery so now that the same cookie works for both the gallery and the forum again all is well. Was just at my email and seen there was a reply and clicking the link too me right here without any trouble.

wildman2 ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2006 at 11:35 PM

I dont have the no script installed.Still wont login, loopty do,all day long.

logging in with firefox reminds me of the movie groundhog day.:)

tim ( ) posted Tue, 13 June 2006 at 5:41 AM
Site Admin

wildman2 - please confirm that you have removed all 'renderosity.com' cookies including those for 'excalibur.renderosity.com' & 'market.renderosity.com' and that you have checked the setting under Options|Privacy|Cookies to 'Allow sites to set cookies'.

tim

wildman2 ( ) posted Tue, 13 June 2006 at 12:46 PM · edited Tue, 13 June 2006 at 12:54 PM

Removed every cookie in the folder,all of them,even the ones for other sites, completly empty folder,none nada,mother hubbards looking folder.

Cookies are allowed ,untill they expire checked.

After further investigation renderosity had been blocked by firefox, why ? how?dont know but it works now after removing it from the list.

Thx for your time.

Wildman2

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 13 June 2006 at 1:05 PM

Well glad to hear the problem is resolved now at least:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.