Sun, Oct 6, 5:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Sidebar issues

lemur01 ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2006 at 6:53 AM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 2:43 PM

Can someone explain to me the logic used when the PTB decided that putting the sidebar on the right hand side of the screen was a good idea? On just about every other site i've ever visited the sidebar is on the left... you get used to it being on the left, it's where you naturally look for it. But for some reason best known only to themselves, on Renderosity it has to be on the right and with no user option to change it.

Besides it being just plain annoying to have it on the right, was any thought given to those users who, for whatever reason, have to have their screen resolution set low? Sidebar on the left, no problem, on the right it means forever scrolling acros to get to it.

Okay, rant off... maybe the humidity is getting t me... doesn't stop it being bloody annoying though.

Jack

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2006 at 7:35 AM

I'm used to it being on the right here.  It has been for as long as I can remember.  I do believe you can set it in your prefs, though.  I may be wrong; it's a long time since I looked in there.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2006 at 7:42 AM

Quote - I do believe you can set it in your prefs, though.

Not any more.
The only hope, if you use FireFox etc., is a GreaseMonkey script.

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2006 at 8:04 AM

...was any thought given to those users who, for whatever reason, have to have their screen resolution set low? Sidebar on the left, no problem, on the right it means forever scrolling acros to get to it.

But if it was on the left, users on low-res would be scrolling with every forum post and gallery image. Whereas how often do you actually want to click a link on the sidebar? I'm lucky if I use it once a day.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

pearce ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2006 at 11:52 AM

[sees karen's sig] Bloody football! I'm sick of it already. Can't even get away from it here now!

:o(

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2006 at 12:02 PM

Quote - [sees karen's sig] Bloody football! I'm sick of it already. Can't even get away from it here now!

:o(

Ah, don't be such a misery guts. ;)  It's only once every 4 years, and it is the world's most popular sport.

Oh yeah...

COME ON ENGLAND!!!! :D

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

pearce ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2006 at 2:03 PM

"..and it is the world's most popular sport."

Secondmost popular, I'd have thought :)

But yeah -- I'd rather watch paint dry than football. Just some kind of glitch in my programming (maybe I'm an American changeling?).

But if you guys like it, enjoy (at least until they get knocked out heehee) ;)

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2006 at 2:18 PM

Cheer up pearce, wait until I change my avatar, heheh.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

williamsn ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2006 at 4:55 PM

Quote - Come on England!

I LOVE FBOL!!! But I'm a fan of the U.S. myself 😉. And we call it soccer here (which is stupid) simply because we have American Football, which really isn't football at all. It's a bunch of men fighting over a leather elipsoid. They rarely use their feet. They use their hands. Such lack of talent rolls eyes. 😄 N

-Nicholas

pearce ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2006 at 5:13 PM

"It's a bunch of men fighting over a leather elipsoid. They rarely use their feet. They use their hands."

That's called Rugby over here (and there's two kinds), only they play it without armour. (Brit) football used to be called soccer once, but the term seems to have fallen into disuse and been picked up by the US, where the game does seem to getting more popular.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.