Mon, Oct 7, 4:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: New Gallery - Like and Dislike

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2006 at 11:19 PM

Well, I prefer light backgrounds to black (never saw a real gallery yet with black walls) , but I also don't like the pop ups.  I don't know CSS and find it odd that there would be an assumption everyone does....it was nice to have check box options that didn't require it.  It's a small thing, but it was nice to have a choice of left or right handed menus too. 

On the other hand, it's not my site and if you like the look and you're paying the bills, what the heck difference does it make to me. I'm returning to lurker status.  Take care all.

hewee ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2006 at 11:33 PM

Yes kill that mouse over. That is one thing I and others hate.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 7:09 AM · edited Thu, 15 June 2006 at 7:09 AM

At least have the option to turn it off.   I can see what they were thinking when they added it, but the only line of really relevant information is number of view, comments and favourites.    Which should really be under the thumbnail.  Nes pas?

I do feel that we are concentrating on the disliked aspects and forgetting all the good changes they've made.   I really appreciate that they are trying to make the gallery a better place.   Better meaning quicker, easier to navigate and not so much uneeded junk.    So thanks for the efforts guys, we appreciate it.

edit - just reread that and it sounds like I'm not sincere.   Which I am.  The Hot 20 is gone, which has to be a good thing.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Incarnadine ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 7:12 AM

Good point Phil.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:52 AM

The mouseovers are really really annoying. I think I spend half the time I am looking at the page trying to avoid the mouseovers, which makes for an entirely annoying experience.

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:54 AM · edited Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:55 AM

I will talk with the programmers to see if its possible to make the pop up with stats an option

Doc000 ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 11:31 AM

If you would just put the important information under the thumbnails (i.e. view count, comment count, image dimensions, file size)...exactly like it was in the old gallery...there would be zero need for the popups. I don't understand why there's so much resistance on these issues...giving people the option to turn off/on which information they want displayed with the thumbnails would solve a lot of problems.

hewee ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 3:10 PM

Another thing is the way the image is above or below. We can pick how it shows up when we upload. But would it not be better for us to pick how we wanr to see it so if we had a option in are profile then we can pick how they show up. It will be so mucj better because all the images would show up the same way we want and not the way the person that uploaded it wants. I think have all the images we look at show up the same way is better.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.