Thu, Oct 3, 12:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Not to be rude... but what's going on here at 'rosity?

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 3:53 AM · edited Fri, 12 July 2024 at 3:46 PM

I haven't been here in a while (was on a long contract and couldn't surf at work, and at night I just had other things to do).

Today I came back to upload a new image and was stunned at the new layout and features.  My first reaction is that I don't like the new look at all.  The arrangement of the gallery pages really wastes a lot of space without really enhancing the viewing experience.  However, I'm willing to give it a try for a few weeks before I get vocal about it and start making a pest of myself.

HOWEVER...

I cannot fathom why the site is so darned SLOW!  Please, no defense about server load or other stuff like that.  Those definitely impact performance, but the response I'm getting is most certainly tied to problems with your database connection and the DB performance.  I strongly urge someone to take a look at your recordsets and connection strings to see if they need optimizing. 

Anyway, the reason I'm here in the forum is that I tried to upload an image tonight and the system rejected my comments for being too long.  Okay, so I edit them down to size.  Then I try to upload the image and the site times out while trying to upload the file (another area to check on -- optimized upload scripts; they are NOT all equal in speed and performance).  So I back up and try to upload again... only to be told that I can upload only once per day!

No problem, but my file never uploaded!

So what do I do?  Wait another 24 hours and hope the thing works then?

I'll tell you, if this were my first experience with Rendersity, it would be my last.  Fortunately, I'm a long-time member and I'll give this another try... but please.  Buy the coders some Red Bull, toss 'em some pizzas and get 'em working on optimzing the code around here!

Mike

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 4:50 AM

I'd post this in the Community Center Forum.  That's where the admins and programmers are reading the posts and comments about the site.

Lots going on both good and bad.

Be thankful you weren't here 2 days ago and checked out the gallery. You would have gotten an eye
full  :b_unbelievable:    :b_blush:    :b_funny: 

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 3:31 AM

Ahhh, Community Center Forum.  I couldn't figure out where to put this, so I wound up here.

Thanks for moving it over.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.