Sat, Sep 21, 6:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Gallery uploads and production credits

Meddlesom ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 6:56 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 7:24 AM

This is the first time I've tried to upload a picture using the new gallery and I immediately ran into a problem with the production credits. When I open the pull down menu with the list of merchants they are in a completely random order, it starts with "Ghost" and ends with "Delgine". There's no way that I'm going to search through 1,900 merchants that are listed in random order so that I can add production credits to my uploads. I haven't seen mention of this problem from anyone else, so it could be opera's fault. Before anyone chimes in with a "you should use firefox", here's a preemptive "NO!".

svdl ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 7:08 PM

No problem in Firefox and IE. But - what was wrong with the HTML Select control? Now I'm convicted to using the mouse browsing through all those merchants, I can't use keyboard shortcuts anymore, feels like I'm on a Mac!

Another issue with the merchant selector: it is SLOW. A HTML Select control is much, much faster.

Please switch back to the standard HTML dropdown list. Though I do like the possiblity to credit more than 10 merchants, something I missed in the previous version of the galleries.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

williamsn ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 3:41 AM

The good thing about the new selector is that if you know the exact username or even just three or more characters from his username, you can type it into the little search box within the merchant drop-down and it will bring up only relevant matches, so that you DON'T have to wade through 3,000 merchants to find the one you're looking for. The drop-down was tested in Safari, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera and Internet explorer for funcionality and making sure the merchants remained in alphabetical order through the execution of the script. It was tested with all 3,000 merchants, and was tweaked until it worked identically in all five browsers. I do not know why they would not be in alphabetical order for you. You do have the latest version of Opera, right? N

-Nicholas

Meddlesom ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2006 at 4:39 AM

I installed Opera 9.0 and checked the gallery upload, the list is still out of order, and it looks like it's the same "random" order that I mentioned before, starting with Ghost and ending with Delgine. The other version I was using was 8.54 or something, a pretty recent copy.

3dvice ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2006 at 6:27 AM

file_346211.jpg

It's the same for me on Opera/PC. Starts with 'Ghost' ends with 'Delgine'. But the search box works fine! :) So I guess it doesn't matter if it's in alphabetical order or not. Just wanted to let you know, that there is another problem with Opera on the page for search by artist. Doesn't bother me, but I thought it might be better to let you know: It squeezes the nav_table and in case people use one of the alternative stylesheets a big empty white space appears below the search box and submit button.

Le cinéma substitue à notre regard un monde qui s'accorde à nos désirs. - André Bazin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.