Thu, Sep 19, 10:08 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: sky challenge entry

donniemc0 ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 5:08 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 12:35 AM

since the official challenge upload page is not yet working, here is my entry to the june challenge, it may not be quite finished but it's not far away!

donniemc0 ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 5:09 PM

file_345754.jpg

helps if you attach some kinda image....

skiwillgee ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 5:27 PM

Wow!,  u can get to challenge upload by clicking link at top of this page "contest" then scroll down to Bryce challenge and click there.  Nice work

donniemc0 ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 5:33 PM

link doesnt work for me :(

skiwillgee ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 6:05 PM

All the way at the top in the R'osity banner, just under tutorial???  That's how I got to it although the "June Challenge-Awesome Skies" link is still OD

donniemc0 ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2006 at 6:06 AM

thanks skiwillgee, i didn't see it :)

RodsArt ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2006 at 6:59 AM

Outstanding entry!

How did you get the depth in the right top quad? planes & spheres?

WTG

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

donniemc0 ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2006 at 7:50 AM

Attached Link: http://stevesartgallery.bryce-alive.net/

no planes, just spheres with various volumetric cloud mats, some from agent smith and others within bryce itself. and like pidjy i was experimenting with lights inside the spheres. it took a lot of positioning and experimentation to stop that overlapping effect which can happen with spheres (the clouds look like a solid curved line). using metaballs didn't really work for me in this image although i shall persevere with them i think in future work. there are also a couple of thunderhead clouds in there which i downloaded from steves art gallery (thank you stephen ray!) i found his link through the thread you started about volumetric smoke and metaballs, so ultimately ICM, i owe you a big thanks also!!

That thread was most helpful. (steves link should be attached if i've figured out this new site workings thingie!)

RodsArt ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2006 at 8:00 AM · edited Tue, 20 June 2006 at 8:01 AM

Steve & Pidjy are great inspirations.

Again, fantastic piece.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

deadman67 ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2006 at 11:30 AM

great picture but it looks like you may have used photoshop brushes for the clouds.

deadman67 ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2006 at 11:36 AM

**donniemc0 i clicked on your link got there but every thing is un clickable how do we navigate

donniemc0 ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2006 at 11:53 AM · edited Tue, 20 June 2006 at 11:53 AM

i'll take the photoshop brushes as a compliment!! this is pure bryce, bryce scene file available as proof to anyone who wants it! and if you click at the top (title) of steves art gallery deadman , that takes you into his site.

cheers.

danamo ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2006 at 12:44 PM

Terrific work!

deadman67 ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2006 at 12:45 PM

it was ment as a compliment i beleave you when you say all bryce great piece of work good luck in the challange.

donniemc0 ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2006 at 1:12 PM

thanks deadman, and good luck to you also!

pidjy ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 11:42 AM

Really nice entry.. It took me some time to find out where I've seen an image close to this one ( got the memory of a fish!)

and I've found it

pidjy ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 11:44 AM

file_346045.jpg

it's quiet different but there's something similar... I just hope we dont have the same muse!!! ( mine is my wife! LOL)

donniemc0 ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 11:59 AM

not unless we are married to the same woman :)   thats a terrific image!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.