Sun, Sep 15, 6:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OK I am having a blonde moment........

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 5:37 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 4:04 PM

Which is not bad for a redhead.

After all these years, I still have to ask stupid questions.

I have got the realistic leaves from Daz, which comes as a mat file, so I put it in my mat library, as you would.

OK now how do I get the leaves onto my tree?

I assumed one used user leaf, as when I am adding my own leaves, but I can't select the library where I installed the leaves, but no joy, all it says is leo leo

If I select material, the top right arrow does not show the leaves library....what the heck am I doing wrong.

b5.01..with patch.

thanks

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 7:32 AM

click on ur tree and then on the little E to get to the tree lab. in there u'll find buttons for textures for the trunk and the leaves. They're somewhere at the bottom and look kinda like the texture buttons in the light lab if i remember correctly (im too lazy to start up bryce hehe)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 7:48 AM

Yup I know all that, but how the hell do you get a texture from the mat lab to stick to the leaves. For some reason when I do that it applies the leaf texture to the trunk, even when I have selected leaves. It's crazy. Before when I have altered leaves I have used my own textures and everything is fine. It's just that these leaves from bryce are mat files not jpg files.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

pogmahone ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 9:47 AM

chohole - I just had a look at the ReadMe file, and the instructions are easy enough

" to use these leaves:

• Open Bryce 5 or above
  • Import the leaves (leaves.mat file) into Bryce.
  • Create a new tree in the Tree Lab (use the "create tree" icon) or load a saved tree.
  • After loaded click in the "E" (Edit) in your tree.
  • In the area "Tree Lab" : "Foliage/Shape", choose "user leaf".
  • Click in  "Edit" : "Material".  A leaf should show up.
  • Click in the arrow situated above and to the right  of the leave that shows up.
  • Browse the leaves that you imported before; select one of them and click OK.
  • It is done! Your tree will be rendered with the selected leaves.

The important step is to choose 'user leaf'.  I just did a test with three default trees, a different leaf on each, it's worked really well.

Here's a pic of a fast render...

realistic leaves

I particularly like the centre one...

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 10:13 AM · edited Tue, 27 June 2006 at 10:14 AM

It is just not working for me.....I click on the right arrow and I get no option to browse any folders. All I get is a box that says leo..nothing else.

That's why I am going so mad, I just can't get it to work.

I will end up bald...I am not normally this dense.

Is it maybe the leaves are to be used in 5.5?

PJF ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 12:19 PM

file_346586.jpg

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 12:25 PM

hmmm... odd.. I thought trunk and leaves had their textures applied seperately. putting the leave texture on the leafs should leave the trunk untouched.. mat files or not.

ok should be like. selecting "material" then clicking edit. and opening the texture...

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

pogmahone ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 12:29 PM

Chohole - the ReadMe file tells you where to look for the leaf materials.  What I did was to create a cube, then click on M for material, then when I was in the Materials lab I clicked that little arrow (as in previous post) and chose an folder that didn't have much in it, and clicked on Import.  Then navigated to Bryce 5 folder, then Content folder, then (I think) Estevez Real Leaves folder, and added the material.

pogmahone ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 12:30 PM

oops sorry, just re-read your first post and see that you've done all that.

PJF ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 12:33 PM

I'm pretty certain chohole is clicking on the wrong arrow. The one I've marked with a pink cross brings up "leo, leo, leo". The one marked with the pink arrow brings up the materials dialog.

pogmahone ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 1:01 PM

I don't have 5.5, chohole, so that can't be the problem.  Have you tried creating a sphere instead of a tree, and see if you can find the leaf material to put on that? At least you'll be able to locate where you've put the material.

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 1:23 PM

Thanks PJF..exactly that. I told you I was having a blonde moment......the solution had to be something simple, like me!

Cheers everyone for your help....I must be getting old or something! :blushing:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.