Mon, Sep 9, 5:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: PBooost II SR1 released! Promises some useful new features:)

hogwarden ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 8:14 PM · edited Tue, 20 August 2024 at 2:41 AM

Attached Link: The PBooost forum where you will find the download...

Hi...

I have just released the PBooost II SR1 beta updater over in the hogsoft forums:))
I think it could be described as long-awaited!!

With SR1 installed, PBooost II is now a complete replacement for the Poser library tab when it comes to loading content, thanks to it now using the PRPC call-back scripts from Tromnek.
It is also, with the free "My Folders" plugin, the ultimeate Poswer scene and image browser, too!

Here's a list of the main improvements in SR1:

1: ALL files can now be loaded into Poser with a double-click as PBooost II now supports the PRPC callback script from Tromnek. To make this even simpler, if the script isn't already running in Poser, PBooost II can automatically start it for you. In Poser 4, figures/props/hair files can still be loaded into Poser from PBooost II through hogsoft's proprietary Poser4PythonEmulation technology..

2: Cached thumbnails in the thumbnail viewer... Speeds-up general browsing.

3: New multi-threaded thumbnail loading... thumbnails are now loaded in-the-background so as not to interfere with browsing.

4: New My Folders plugin to work with folders containing scenes, images or whatever you like. Fully customisable. Your selected external work folders appear in the PBooost tree for easy access.

5: All programs, link, url's and documents can be launched with a double-click just like Windows Explorer.

6: Poser Scene management: Poser Scene files can be associated with a poser installation to ensure they are always loaded with the correct version. (Esp. handy when the My Folders plugin is installed) and they can be intelligently opened in Poser with a double-click. PBooost II is now the perfect Scene browser!

7: Many, many new image formats are now supported in the thumbnail viewer... jpg, jpeg, tif, tiff, fax, bw, rgb, rgba, sgi, cel, pic, tga, vst, icb, vda, win, pcx, pcc, scr, pcd, mppm, pgm, pbm, cut, pal, gif, rla, rpf, bmp, rle, dib, psd, pdd, psp, png and bum. breath So now, with the My Folders plugin, PBooost II becomes a useful image browser, too!

Better still, I'm including the My Folders Plugin for free! You will find it in a separate zip in the download package.

Have fun, and let me kn ow through Hogsoft.com or e-mail if yuo come across any unlikely bugs:)))

Howard:))

Tguyus ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 8:27 PM

Wow.  Sounds like a major upgrade.  Problem for me is, I've seen things written about PBoost, including glowing testimonials, but never managed to get a clear picture of what exactly it does and how my workflow would improve if I got it. 

I love CorrectReference and have always been impressed with things Hogsoft, but I just don't understand PBoost.  Is there a link available to a program description that would let me see how it would improve my "P-Life"?

Thanks!  Tguyus

hogwarden ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 8:56 PM

Well, I understand your potential confusion!

Now, with SR1, PBooost is thankfully becoming easier to explain!
It is now a full-featured Poser library browser with multi-runtime support. All poser library content  can be loaded with a double-click from the interface, and, with the free My Folders plugin installed, PBooost II becomes the ultimate scene and image browser, too!

The  original PBooost Bank funtionallty is now just a plus, if you choose to use it... but it  will remain to be at the heart of PBooost ...

The PBooost banks , if you choose to utilise them, are really simple... Each library category (pose, figure, camera etc.) in each runtime can be split into a number of  "PBooost Banks", each with their own content.  This means that you can separate the content in each library category into several chunks, and only content within the selected one is visible in the Poser Library at ane one time.

Although the bank system is a useful feature of PBooost, it is not the be-all-and-end-all. It's general use as a library and scene browser now transcends all!

Howard:))

Tguyus ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 3:50 PM

Ok I think I understand now, thanks.

I decided to delve a little deeper and went to your site and read the additional info on PBoost II.  I think that, at least for now, I'm pretty satisfied with how I've set up all my regular libraries so I can construct scenes pretty quickly.

But while I was at your site I decided to see if CorrectReference Pro was now set up to work for Poser 6.  I've been wanting to get the pro version to help me clean out the huge number of obsolete geometry files I have in my current runtime. 

Got all registered and had CRPro II loaded in the cart but then saw that the only way to buy was via PayPal.  I had a PayPal account at one point but got tired of all the spam I got from them and closed it. 

Is there any other way to buy CRPro II?

Thanks, Tguyus

Tguyus ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 4:03 PM

Quote -
Is there any other way to buy CRPro II?

Oops.  hehe.  Silly me.  Just saw I can get it here.  Off to the Marketplace.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.