Mon, Sep 9, 7:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 5:10 am)

Subject: The Food Chain

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 12:44 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 4:40 PM

file_347195.jpg

I was  happy to finally get out and do some shooting today...been ages. Never seen this beforeso without any offence to  the sensitive I thought to show the few captures of this Blue Heron chowing down... Sorry Chris.....it is not  you beautiful frogs.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 12:44 AM

file_347196.jpg

numero2

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 12:45 AM

file_347197.jpg

trois

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 12:45 AM

file_347198.jpg

IV

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 1:06 AM

WOW these are so awesome mate!!! I like the last one the most :biggrin: they are all excellent though 😉 Also very nice to see you out getting some shots again :biggrin:  thanks for sharing mate :m_wink:

I payed to get myself into an institution :m_tear: Check out my temporary site: APACHA

urbanarmitage ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 2:04 AM

Very nice captures Doug!

I had a similar thing happen to me years ago when I was still shooting 35mm. I was 'after' this one heron for about an hour, waiting for the perfect capture. Just as he wades into the area I want him, he sticks his head under the water and comes up with a very dead, pale, half-eaten frog, and proceeds to take his time eating it!

I shot about 15 frames of him and his 'prized possession' but could never bring myself to display them! I did however manage to get one really nice shot of him after he had finished his meal.

Wayne

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 2:15 AM

poooorrrrrrrrrrrrr Frogggggggggggggggggg !!!  But is a very excellent film capture....

Thank you my friend for sharing these 😄

Hugs and kiss

tofi ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 7:28 AM

Thank You Doug, very beautiful Blue Heron and very good picture. Congratulations!!!!

A smile is a curve that has set many things straight

Dianthus ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 1:12 AM

Excellent work Doug. Sure did get some awesome shots of the foodchain. Hey thats life but i couldnt take photos of them being eaten. Just a girly thing i think. Same as when in high school and we had to dissect a frog. I ran out and got sick over balcony.lol. Plus even now if a frog jumps on me i scream. Funny how everyone thinks i am the frog Queen. If they only knew.lol

But brilliant photos and i am not offended at all. Thats mother nature at her best. Thanks.

Chris

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.