Mon, Sep 9, 6:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Remapping V2RR to take V3 maps - any time-saving tips/tricks?

R_Hatch ( ) posted Mon, 10 July 2006 at 6:23 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 3:56 AM

I'm about to have a go at remapping a slightly modified V2RR to take V3 maps (I have UTC, which is awesome, but V2's UV layout is subpar compared to V3's). As to what the slight modification is, there's a slight modification to the hip, so if anyone knows of a V2RR that takes V3 maps already in existence, that would be even better (and I'll just hand edit the hip UVs; I converted the hip FBMs this way and it wasn't all that difficult).

Short of that, if anyone who's already done a remapping has any pointers to speed up the process, that would be appreciated. In the meanwhile, I'll be trying a few practice runs at it (in Blender 2.42 RC3 if anyone's curious).

Irish ( ) posted Mon, 10 July 2006 at 6:58 AM

The purpose of UTC is to enable you to use V3 maps on other daz models, without having to convert fbms or anything else for that matter.  UTC works great for this!  I've tried V2 to V3 and no problem; also M2 to M3 and no issues there either!

Good Luck!

:)

ashley9803 ( ) posted Mon, 10 July 2006 at 7:34 AM

I agree that V3 mapping is superior to V2, but think the UTC does a great conversion job. I've used it to convert Hi Res 4000x5333 maps from V3 to fit V2, millenium girls etc., with excellent results. Maybe I'm just lazy but remapping V2 seems a big job for little gain. Good luck anyway and I'd love to see your textures if they turn out well for you.

Mike K ( ) posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 8:11 PM

There used to be a remapped V2 full version out there. Can't remember who made it tho. If you can get your hands on it, you can use UV Mapper to transfer the uvs from V2 to V2RR. I thought that V2 and V2RR had different meshes, but looking back at my archive files, they have the same templates.

Hope this helps,

Mike K

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 9:49 PM

Snow sultan has a flair for that sort of thing. you might check with him..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

R_Hatch ( ) posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 11:51 PM

The templates are very similar, but not the same. They are similar enough that I don't bother checking which one I'm using when working on a texture, but the meshes themselves are incompatible as far as transferring UVs.

bnetta ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 9:40 AM

i would love to have a v1/2 that takes v3 textures...

send a link my way.

netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.