Mon, Sep 9, 4:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: How to adjust the intensity of a fill directional light?

chippwalters ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 4:55 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 6:47 AM

When I add a fill directional light to a scene, I notice you can't adjust the intensity other than change the color. But, what if I want it to be brighter than the default white color? Is there anyway to adjust it?

I suppose you could set it up in the atmosphere editor lighting panel so that the settings affect all lights, then adjust down from there. But just thought there might be another way.

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 7:30 AM

i do,'t think there is another way with directionnal lights. Brightness can't be adjusted, only intensity can, by giving it a greyer colour.

impish ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 3:28 PM

Not exactly the best way to get a brighter infinite light source - copy and paste an exact duplicate of the original! 

I normally only do this when I'm using the other kinds of light and want to have a stonger volumetric smoke effect than you get with having a single brighter source in Vue.

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

agiel ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 6:00 PM

If you want to reduce the intensity of a directional light, you will have to reduce the intensity of the color of that light.

That is, if your light is white, pick a shade of grey.

To increase it, you have to add a new light as suggested by impish.

Between these two tricks, you should be able to get the light intensity you need.

Phantast ( ) posted Mon, 17 July 2006 at 5:02 AM

I find that a better effect can be achieved than by changing the colour to grey - instead, add a gel to the light and choose the plain grey material. You can then adjust the intensity by changing the darkness of the gel. This seems to have the desired effect without robbing the image of saturation.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.