Mon, Sep 9, 4:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: New Tutorial

chippwalters ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 9:01 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 4:05 PM

As many of you know, getting your arms around Fog and Haze in Vue, is...well...challenging. If you come from Bryce (or other programs), you probably have an idea of what Haze and Fog are, but now as a Vue artist, it's all changed.

The simple fact is, Vue hasn't done a great job of providing information for how these controls work, so I spent some time figuring out exactly which thing did what-- and the results may surprise many of you.

If you interested in learning how to make the most of the obtuse Fog and Haze settings in Vue, then check out my new tutorial (also available in PDF) when you get a chance.

best,
Chipp

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 9:17 AM

Thanks!  Very helpful tutorial.

Peggy

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 9:46 AM

Thanks, Chipp.  This came just when I needed it!  Been reading my mind lately?  (Not that there's much to read these days, what with the move and everything ... :rolleyes:

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Trepz ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 12:43 PM

Thats a real eye opener,thanks alot for the toot:D It'll be a huge help now that i am using Alpha skies.

"Many are willing to suffer for their art. Few are willing to learn to draw."

impish ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 1:30 PM

Nice tutorial Chipp, thanks.

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

grammy ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 3:10 PM

grammy ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 3:12 PM

Hi and thanks for the time and effort

sittingblue ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 4:07 PM

Just what I always wanted. Thanks.

Charles

diolma ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2006 at 4:41 PM

I also add my thanks (and hope that I've managed to save the PDF correctly, for later study)...

Cheers,
Diolma

BernieStafford ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 10:33 AM

Thanks for taking the time to carry out the tests, and for compiling this excellent tutorial.

Much appreciated!

matrixmode ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2006 at 10:50 PM

I appreciate the time and effort you've put into all this!  Thanks for sharing it.  Hope you're not offended if I say, "You rock!".  :)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci

Mazak ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2006 at 3:28 AM

:thumbupboth:

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

jc ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 11:56 AM

Great work Chipp! Thanks so much!

chippwalters ( ) posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 6:16 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind words. If you see any problems or have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

best, Chipp

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.