Mon, Sep 9, 7:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 5:10 am)

Subject: August Challenge

DJB ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 1:40 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 8:48 PM

Last month we had valou suggest Perspective.
The  eyes were quite a hit though, so how  about this month we do the Perspective.
I have always like seeing buidings in a good perspective, or different objects set up in a good one.
We have 2 days left to  go with  some suggestions.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

nongo ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 2:07 AM

Perspective??  aka  POV right???

every single photo has perspective?? maybe we should make it more specific???
 **point of view:

** Function: noun
Text: a way of looking at or thinking about something <who actually has the right to possession of that wilderness area depends on your point of view>
Synonyms angle, outlook, perspective, shoes, slant, standpoint, viewpoint
Related Words interpretation, spin; belief, conviction, eye, feeling, judgment (or judgement), mind, notion, opinion, perception, persuasion, sentiment, verdict, view; impression, take; wavelength; side; attitude, position, posture, stand

I'll be brave and suggest we have the theme: nautical, anything seaworthy or related to...that subject???

just an idea???

kimariehere ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 3:21 AM

one of my fav things to do!!   (hehe had fun doing alice in wonderland thing with it last oct ).. but i will be on vacaton and away most of the month hoping i can fit something in at the end of the month as i love this one so much!!...

kimmers ♥ :O)

bentchick ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 8:59 AM

I'd like to make a suggestion:
With most of our country being caught in this huge heat wave....... how about  "What's Hot" ?????
People can interpret it either way...... temperature or fad....... but if you want you can specify temp.
I saw a thread here showing thermometers, but I think we can get a lot more creative then that!!!

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

babuci ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 9:23 AM

Yes...perspective, would be cool my vote on that!

seeya  Tunde of the south 

odie ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 10:33 AM

Perspective would work for me, too. Thanks Nongo for the info and description! Since Valou suggested it I think there would be a great deal of creativity in finding a NEW perspective of typical scenes or objects.

I kid-proofed my house but they STILL get in!!

aangus ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 1:50 PM

I'll go for perspective too...and why not.  Akemi it looks like your a bit out voted so far, but I was thinking, if you enter a  picture of a huge ship, you could still say its about perspective. Every picture has a POV too. One other thing, if I enter a picture of my shoes (Synonyms), will that qualify for the monthly challenge OK?

nongo ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 3:10 PM

It got me thinking?? didn't we just have extreme POV not that long ago??? I think we did...

odie ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 4:01 PM

Yup...You're right. I didn't participate but I remember it. There were some interesting images, too, just not sure how many. Do we want to repeat or try something else?

aangus ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 4:54 PM

October 2005 Challenge was "Extreme & Unique POV".

Surely "Perspective" is a bit different? Perhaps its just the way I'm thinking about it. OK how about a "Nautical Heatwave Perspective Challenge"? lol

Margana ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 6:37 PM

I like the nautical idea,actually.It could even extend to shots of lakes,etc for those who may live more inland.

For the record,I participated in that extreme pov challenge and unless something else is meant by 'perspective',I would rather do something different.But to me,they seem rather similar....jmho.

LOL at Anthony.Nautical heatwave perspective...LOL.

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

odie ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 7:26 PM

We've been suffering a nasty heat wave. Tomorrow we have temps forecasted in the upper 90's with a heat index of 110 degrees! If you ask for a nautical heatwave perspective you'll be sorry because it might be what's left of my melted image draped over the back of a fishing boat! That's as creative as I get in this weather. (And you thought Minnesota was all blizzards!) But seriously, I'm fine with nautical - LOTS of lakes here... heh heh. Actually, I'm fine with anything... I'm on vacation!! Jodie

babuci ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 8:06 PM · edited Sun, 30 July 2006 at 8:10 PM

OK nautical just as interesting, good chance to revisit my fav harbour again.

seeyus  Tunde of the south

( sometimes I may a bit slow...forgive me!  This challenge is just a regular monthly challenge or challenge by genre? )

TomDart ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 8:59 PM

I do like perspective...yet this is open as in the "definition" of the word in an earller post:

Point of view of the camera? Point of view of the photographer, in that mind a view of a scene different from typical?   I think both can be used and we can tell the difference or see both in the same image.

I bombed out on the July one...got one set of eyes but did not get the very difficult shot of the side view of a cornea..tried all month but the best model would not cooperate. Oh well..that is how it goes sometimes.  If I do get the shot, I will post on the forum.

For me PERSPECTIVE  is it.   Go count the votes...lets get at it, whatever it might be! This is fun and truly challenging.        TomD'Art.

Onslow ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2006 at 6:50 PM

Oh what a sad debacle this has turned into. Even the choice of subject is being taken from the members now !

I won't be participating in any more monthly challenges until entries are welcomed equally from all members. 

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2006 at 6:55 PM

Onslow, how would you recommend this be done? There have been several subjects and then a voting thread in the past.   I will go with whichever is chosen, this method or the previous one.

Tom.

nongo ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2006 at 7:35 PM

Maybe if we combine Kim's suggestion of "what's hot" and "what's cool"
with the idea of both subjects juxtaposed  or singularly, it might be a fun challenge.  I do know this is all up for suggestions, not a controversy, so lets keep it light & fun????  It really has been a HOT summer for most of us and with more heat coming our way, maybe some ideas of how to keep it cool... on many levels???

ideas??? or thoughts????

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2006 at 7:53 PM

Good idea, Nongo.  There is time left.    We might not need the entire month to do it.   

I had the entire month in July and still did not get a second shot...my dream shot. That is how it goes.  And, that is what the challenge is about.

babuci ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2006 at 9:27 PM

Hi all!

Yes...nongo idea is pretty cool. We all experienced some really hot in our life, what did /do to be able to bare it. ( lemonade drink every 1/2 hour....jump in a pool.... stand front of aircon, something like that. hmmmm? have a shot of those very usefull act in hot days.

seeyus  Tunde

DJB ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2006 at 11:38 PM

Quote - Oh what a sad debacle this has turned into. Even the choice of subject is being taken from the members now !

I won't be participating in any more monthly challenges until entries are welcomed equally from all members. 

Did you read the first post by me?

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 12:40 AM

Hi everybody...

wowww THE debate here.... when I say Perspective because is a very wide topic and all user can to participate...

Margana ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 12:55 AM

From the looks of things,I think we were better off the old way...with choices and then voting. That was perhaps the most democratic way to do this and there were more options to choose from.Additionally, in the past,if someone had a new idea it was added to the following month's options,unless everyone immediately got on board with it.

Anyway,I think that's what Richard is responding to...the apparent lack of choices.

In all honesty,either way works for me....and I like the hot/cool idea ,too.So whatever you guys want,I'm fine with it.

May I additionally propose that one day we do portraiture?That is something I keep working on and I find it quite a challenge.

Stay cool...

Marlene <")

My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

nongo ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 1:09 AM

Well, I didn't mean to stir things up, I just thought we needed more ideas to choose from?? I personally think we should have started this discussion about 4-5 days ago so we could have some fresh ideas to put in a list to everyone? Now it's already August and we've yet to decide???

babuci ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 1:16 AM

I agree with Marlene! Put some choice up and we vote. Looks like we members are not ready to make our own decision about it, so leave it to the modies ( moderators). Sorry if I was a bit to sharp and honest!

seeyus   Tunde

Margana ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 1:19 AM · edited Tue, 01 August 2006 at 1:21 AM

Okay...so let's make it three choices...and then go back to the old way next month.

Perspective
Nautical
Cool/Hot

I apologise if I missed any others suggested here...

I pick cool/hot.

Done.

Edit:We crossed Tunde.Is this what you mean?I'm just trying to simplify things so we can get the ball rolling and move on... :)

Marlene <")

My Blog

nongo ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 1:39 AM

Well, I'll take cool/ hot for my choice too, sounds like a fun challenge... Actually, we can make anything fun right?????

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again."**[Henri Cartier Bresson](http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Henri_Cartier_Bresson/)**

Margana ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 1:45 AM

I'm with you,Akemi. :^)

Now if we can get some votes we'll be in business.

Night everybody!

Marlene <")

My Blog

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 2:54 AM

No one says this challenge has to start precisely on the month.
I don't mind at all waiting for more suggestions.
It takes awhile for images to start trickling in anyways.
I nominate Marlene for tallying up the votes after the thread is two pages  of decisions and votes LOL
How bout that eh!

babuci ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 5:45 AM

Yes  Marlene, I find it simple and usefull if we can vote it!. I go with hot/cool too. Count me on that.

seeya  Tunde

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 5:59 AM

i agree with you Marlene... we need to vote

is a excellent idea

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 7:29 AM

Count the suggestions and  at the end of the week pick the winning subject.  This should go easily enough and allows ideas to abound.  

leliel86 ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 9:31 AM

I put my hand up for perspective.

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 10:23 AM

yes, perspective is good but i have more... lol :

• language of hand (like the hand of a old person... a gest of a bebe with his hands)

• black and white (like a piano, the black writing in a white page...)

• portrait of animal

and more....

Margana ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 12:23 PM

No problem,Doug.

I volunteer to count every time someone says,'My vote is...or I vote for...'

If that works for you,I'm fine with that.  ;^P

Marlene <")

My Blog

babuci ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 12:32 PM

Hi Marlene!

My vote is ...hot/cool

seeya  Tunde

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 2:56 PM

babuci.. give me a example for this "hot/cool"

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 5:39 PM

I vote for PERSPECTIVE...already mentioned once but I did not say vote. LOL.  Count away!

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 5:45 PM

and me, I vote for TomDart, a very good challenge :lol: escuse me Tom, is my stupid hour ahahahaha...

hugs

Margana ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 6:42 PM

LOL.I'm counting...

Marlene <")

My Blog

babuci ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 8:31 PM

Valou! My exsample would be...

Hot ...like You guys /girls in america and europe suffering of a heat wave! On days like these ppl freely go into fountain to cool of specialy babies (with parents) so make a shot of this "event" or in a supermarket just standing front of a fan to cool down...so on so on

Cold... well all the ice and snow gone,( pictures must be taken after announcment of next subject choosen) but  we here in australia still wittness a last kick of a vinter cold. LouLoubell posted some frosted grass and dandelion a few days ago. Very typical cold theme shots or could be fit a picture of a little dog dressed up in its little warm coat for a morning walk...so on so on. 

Was it helpfull? sorry I am not a person of world def. not with my slack english. But I might go with perspective as well after all.

seeya  Tunde

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 9:07 PM · edited Tue, 01 August 2006 at 9:08 PM
  • Nautical
  • Hot/Cold
  • Perspective(closest point to furthest point)

Any more???????

bentchick ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 9:21 PM

Valou has some very interesting ideas and I say we start a list, so every month we have several choices and put it to vote, maybe starting a few days "before" the end of the month.

Of course I vote for hot/cold!
Thanks

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 2:51 AM

file_349832.jpg

wowww, ok babuci, i understand and your english is perfectly for me 😄

i have a exmaple for the perspective....

babuci ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 8:24 AM

Well Valou...I can tell insted of words You just upload a perfect exsample of POV.

seeya   Tunde

odie ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 8:27 AM

Given the choice I would still vote perspective.

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 8:31 AM

Thank you babuci 😄

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 10:25 AM

Perspective.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

TomDart ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 9:47 PM

Ah...Valou, TomDart would be a challenge. He is challenge enough to himself.    : )

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 11:35 PM

:lol: Tom :lol:

Margana ( ) posted Fri, 04 August 2006 at 5:02 PM

Well,from the looks of it ...perspective wins...if no one else votes.

I guess it depends if the voting ends by tonight.Does it?

Dougie????

Marlene <")

My Blog

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Fri, 04 August 2006 at 5:29 PM

LOL Marlene, Very good question Marlene...

:lol:Doug you need to see between the TomDart Challenge or Perspective Challenge :lol:

Me too, I'm a  challenge enough to myself, and all the days, all the month, all the timeeeeee 😄

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.