Tue, Oct 1, 9:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Weird problem with point-at eyes

mwg ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 1:23 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 7:32 PM

Using Poser 6.0.2.118, I have a screw-up whenever I set the eyes to point at something (usually Main Camera, but this also happens with props or other figures). Anything parented to the head like hair, hats, jewelry etc (sometimes even the eyes themselves) will stay in place if something else causes the head to move.

For example, after setting the eyes to point at the Main Camera, I then move the body to the right, but the figure's hair remains behind at the original position. The hair will stay with the head if I move just the head with twist/bend/side-to-side.

I've tried reparenting, replacing the hair or whatever from the library, reloading the PZ3, but nothing works. Any ideas?

slakrboy ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2006 at 8:13 AM

This also happens to me.  It also happens when you apply a hand pose.  I do not have a fix for this: I'm stil trying to figure it out myself...

Touchwood ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 5:23 AM

I have not used a camera as an object for the eyes to point at but replicating your method also reproduces your problem. My usual method is to use a primitive such as a ball and have the eyes point at that, in which case everything moves properly. If you need the eyes to follow a particular camera, make the ball invisible and parent it to the camera you need. Hope that helps.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.