Mon, Sep 9, 6:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Predator Morph Explosion . . . Help!

Swidhelm ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2006 at 1:28 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 6:33 AM

I hope someone can help, this is driving me nuts. So far I've created two predator heads, sucessfully, one of which is in my Predator 2 for Mike pack, the other isn't released yet. MAde morphs for them no problem. My third, I make a morph and the teeth explode. I'm at a loss as I used the same methods on my second head and never had a problem. I've tried re-exporting from poser with only the export as morph target box selected. It seems to be once I "seperate" in wings it destroys the teeth when used as a morph. Any ideas why? It never happend with my other head. Teeth are seperate objects.

I may have to redo the teeth, maybe not as seperate objects. I don't want to have to do that, because they are already mapped, but if I can't make morphs for the head, they are useless as is. I just don't understand, because my second head has seperate teeth as well. Grr!

I hope someone can help! I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

bigjobbie ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2006 at 7:55 PM · edited Wed, 16 August 2006 at 7:57 PM

From what I know of using Obj's as morph targets in Poser is that it has to be a single mesh object and it's polycount must match that of the poser mesh you want to morph it with - ie: the predator head obj must much the polycount of the  M2 head in poser. Separating the teeth must be changing the polycount I guess...

Cheers (and thanks for sharing Mr Pred!)

Edit to add: I think it might be the Vertex Count actually, not the polycount.

MindVision-GDS ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2006 at 2:43 AM

If the polycount was wrong Poser would refuse to load the morph, so youre good there.

Try to export the head as .obj with everything unchecked, import the head again in poser and export again before you load it in Wings.

This is a known problem with Cinema4D from which I know the solution, but I have no idea how far Wings is these days in importing other filetypes.

Swidhelm ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2006 at 11:34 AM

Thanks guys for your help. Mindvision, I'll try that, thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.