Mon, Oct 21, 5:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: How to create realistic distant cities in Vue5 Esprit

MRX3010 ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2006 at 11:49 AM · edited Fri, 03 November 2023 at 7:46 PM

Using the procedural terrain generator I was able to create a nice futuristic city scape.  However I have tried for hours to get the texture to look good on it. Problem is the material is applied to all sides of the object (terrain group), rather than just the top.  Im sure there must be a way to do this with a material function node but have no idea of where to start.  Basically I need the sides to have texture 1 and the tops to have texture 2.  Any ideas at all, or can it not be done this way?

Thanks,
Ron

wabe ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2006 at 12:38 PM

Maybe a mixed material altitude dependent? I woud go for this!

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

jc ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2006 at 1:18 PM

Or 'slope dependent'?

chippwalters ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2006 at 2:16 PM

While not necessarily applicable to your exact situation, you might want to check out my tutorial on Terrain Mapping. It does have some pertinent information to the application of texture maps to terrains.

-Chipp

MRX3010 ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2006 at 9:24 PM

Hey thanks for the link!  I think there might be enough info in there to get me the result Im after.

Thanks,

Ron

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.