Mon, Sep 9, 8:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Poser 5 Cd and the Free Serial????

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 7:44 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 8:12 PM

I am asking this question because as many would already know the CP servers are letting people download their free Poser5 at a trickling rate.

Is it possible to use the serial number supplied with the free Poser5 on a Poser5 bought version thats on Cd?

As i purchased Poser5 originally and wondered do i really need to wait to download it? or can i just use all my serials with the same Cd?

I hope this doesnt Lock this thread as i think this is a ligitimate question and time saver....lol

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 8:12 AM

Try it and let us all know if it works! LOL! You'll still eventually want to download and install the latest service releases or the slow download from Content Paradise if you want to be running the latest patches.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 8:30 AM

I've got much the same question - I did download both files - but something's wrong as both files are smaller than it states they should be on the site - and I have a good broadband connection here at my end - so it's gotta be them. 

I have an old demo of P5, and wondered if I could use this Content Paradise serial number to get it working again?

Of course, once they fix the downloads so people can download the entire file, I'll want to go get that Hero CD stuff, dunno what's in that.

BIGGEST PROBLEM is you can't contact anyone at Content Paradise without paying through the nose for the priviledge, man that sucks!

And I can't do much more about this now, as I only have a few more hours here today, then tomorrow I'm off to college.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 8:33 AM

You don't have to pay for the priviledge of opening a support ticket Fran. Anyone can do that and you'll get helped much faster that way than you would by posting in the Passport forums!

I have no idea if the CD key will work in a demo version, all I can tell you is try it and see then let the rest of us know if it works. 😉

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 8:55 AM

Well, I will try it - I'll try it now if it's not too deeply buried in the car... that's if I packed that CD when I packed for college.

Support ticket?  Oh.  What a strange way of doing things.  Okay, I've now filled out one of those.

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 9:17 AM
Site Admin

AFAIK, the serial should work with the CD, because it looks like it's just a regular P% serial that should work with any copy of P5.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 9:57 AM

She said her CD was a demo version of Poser 5 which is why I wasn't sure a regular CD key would work. To me a demo version is one that quit's after so many days even with it's CD Key. Depends on the programer of course.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 10:10 AM
Site Admin

OK, if it's a demo, then no there is no way to input a serial number, althought I wasn't aware of there ever having been a P5 demo.

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 10:28 AM

Wasn't P5 supposed to run in Demo Mode for 7 days or until you entered the serial?

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Foxseelady ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 11:26 AM

How are you seeing a serial number? I am slowly slowly downloading, I think lol however I don't see a serial number on the order form anywhere.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 11:42 AM

Quote - How are you seeing a serial number? I am slowly slowly downloading, I think lol however I don't see a serial number on the order form anywhere.

Go to "My Stuff" and then the Invocie Number where you checked out Poser 5.

Scroll down to the bottom of the Invoice, it should show your P5 Serial Number and the 10% Discount Coupon  Code,

Cheers

DR

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 11:45 AM

Quote - How are you seeing a serial number? I am slowly slowly downloading, I think lol however I don't see a serial number on the order form anywhere.

The serial number in on the Content Paradise "thanks for ordering" page, in "Recent Purchases" just under the word "Product" there's a clickable link, fo the "full English Poser5" etc etc, click it and the serial number is on that page.

Unfortunately I can't find the CD so either it was something else and I'm imagining it was P5 or... well I dunno what.  So I'm just keeping on trying to download.

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 12:17 PM

Looks like (touch wood) the P5 Prog download has worked - at least the file size is right.  Now for the next bit....

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 1:44 PM

No - still just a partial - and now I can't get into Content Paradise at all.

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

craftycurate ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 6:48 PM

I got to 163MB with Setup.exe then it quit ...

Has anyone tried it with a P5 CD?

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 8:13 PM

I think everyones best bet is just to wait for the DL instead of using up all your downloads..its a mad house over there and Im planning on giving it at least another week before I try it again...

I would hope CP would reset the DL's tho if someone were to use them up and not get anything but partial DL's....we shall see what happens I suppose when all the hullabaloo calms down.

My thought was, why not make it accessable on other places besides just there...surely they knew there was going to be a stampede...😕

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Foxseelady ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 8:29 PM

Thanks for the info on the serial numbers lol looks like I will be waiting for some time before I need it though. My download froze for so long I finnally closed it and have decided to wait as well.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 8:45 PM

I will try my Download P5 serial on my P5 CD tomorow and let everyone know the results.

I hope it works because then i wont bother downloading the files...

(Yes i have bought P5 and yes i am downloading another serial. For those who dont know why, when Poser has a render farm feature you will need more PC's and more Poser licenses, i have the extra PC's but not the licenses....)

And i too want to know what the extra "Hero" content is that comes with the download?????

krazik ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2006 at 12:24 AM

Yes your P5 serial will work on with your install from CD.

And my apoligies about all the download troubles.  I've sped things up a lot more tonight.

Going home now,
-Rylan

craftycurate ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2006 at 5:07 AM

Thanks for speeding downloads up.

Unfortunately, downloads are still exiting prematurely - only got 28MB this time.

Thanks
Richard

krazik ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2006 at 5:09 AM

I think that happens when I kick a server.  I was working on one.  I took it out of the rotatation so while I test some new code I don't drop downloads when I restart apache.

You should be ok.

lmk if you continue to have problems.

-Ry

craftycurate ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2006 at 6:06 AM

Great - thanks. Latest download OK so far - about 4 hours to go at 15KB/sec.

Thanks
Richard

craftycurate ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2006 at 7:55 AM

Hi Krazik ...

Booted me off at 116MB this time ... it lost the connection for over a minute and didn't recover. Woud it be better to wait until the service has been upgraded a bit?

I don't mind it being slower than usual, but that's about 350MB of aborted downloads now and I'm on a limited bandwidth broadband package.

Of course the software is being offered free and I'm not complaining, but would be good to know when to retry and be pretty sure it would make it to the end.

Thanks
Richard

krazik ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2006 at 11:20 AM

Sorry you're continuing to have troubl.  Right now, I'd highly suggest getting a resumable download manager since you're having such trouble.  That way you aren't constantly redownloading the first part of the file.

-Rylan

craftycurate ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2006 at 12:12 PM

Thanks for that. I've tried to use GetRight, but since the original download URL involves multiple redirects, Getright does not find its way through all the redirects to the Setup.exe file.

Has anyone managed to use a Download manager to get this file?

Are the CP servers resumable? I think Download managers can only pick up where they left off if the server offers this.

Thanks
Richard

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2006 at 7:33 PM

Slight problem Krazik, i tried the serial for my Downloaded Poser5 on the CD of Poser5, but when i get asked to authorise my serial and i click on automatic i get an error, so i am asked if i would like to do it manually, but the link to EF does not allow the Challenge code to be submitted and i cannot get a reply, althought i did register it with EF but Poser 5 doesnt know, as EF never sent me a code or anything, so how do i activate my CD version of poser if the automatic registration doesnt work and you cannot submit the challenge code??????????

and more importantly, HOW do i get to install my Poser5 CD as i cant even get the serial authorized for that???????

wheatpenny ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2006 at 8:08 PM
Site Admin

shedofjoy, install SR3 (downloadable from EF's site, and you will not have to authorize it. SR3 eliminates the authorization requirement

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2006 at 8:18 PM

Cheers martian_manhunter i thought i was going to have some strange issues with my Poser5 CD for a moment there,lol.....

Thanx

UVDan ( ) posted Tue, 05 September 2006 at 1:53 AM
Forum Moderator

I am going to wait a couple months until everybody else has finished downloading because I am on a crappy dialup and it will take 50 hours to download for me.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 05 September 2006 at 11:13 AM

OK its official, you can NOT put your downloaded free poser5 serial into the bought Poser5 cd as it says that it is not correct. you have to use the serial that came with the cd....bummer

krazik ( ) posted Tue, 05 September 2006 at 3:10 PM · edited Tue, 05 September 2006 at 3:16 PM

Quote - OK its official, you can NOT put your downloaded free poser5 serial into the bought Poser5 cd as it says that it is not correct. you have to use the serial that came with the cd....bummer

Its official huh?  ;) No its official the p5 serials will work with your cd installer.  Did you update your cd copy to SR3?

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2006 at 7:09 PM

i used SR4 and im assuming that SR4 has the fixes of SR3, it does accept the cd serial but not the Downoload free serial,

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2006 at 4:40 AM

Quote - Slight problem Krazik, i tried the serial for my Downloaded Poser5 on the CD of Poser5, but when i get asked to authorise my serial and i click on automatic i get an error, so i am asked if i would like to do it manually, but the link to EF does not allow the Challenge code to be submitted and i cannot get a reply, althought i did register it with EF but Poser 5 doesnt know, as EF never sent me a code or anything, so how do i activate my CD version of poser if the automatic registration doesnt work and you cannot submit the challenge code??????????

and more importantly, HOW do i get to install my Poser5 CD as i cant even get the serial authorized for that???????

I think you need to do something different, since you have the older version of p5 on your disk. Here is the link to the instructions.... this should work.

http://www.e-frontier.com/article/articleview/259/1/346/

ratscloset
aka John

IO4 ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2006 at 5:19 AM

I've only just managed to be able to get the download after a few days of trying - but the setup.exe doesn't appear to be doing anything 😕 Anyone else had problems installing this?

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena

wheatpenny ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2006 at 8:40 AM
Site Admin

Sounds like you might have gotten an incomplete download. When downloading an exe, if you get an incomplete download, the result is an .exe that doesn't do anything.

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

skiwillgee ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2006 at 10:34 AM

DL link is completely off line now.  Maybe they are fixing overload problem.  It'd be nice if they were swithching to a server capable of handling the load.  fingers crossed.

krazik ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2006 at 12:20 PM

The downloads are online, are  you getting an error?

We currently have about 900 people downloading.

-Ry

skiwillgee ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2006 at 12:42 PM

Here's what's happening to me.  If I use the link on the email confirmation, I get sorry server full msg, try again later.  I can no longer find a "my stuff" tab at main web site.  I've refreshed, looked all over, am being recognised as a valid member, etc..

When I did have a "my stuff" tab for some reason, (one of the times I tried today) I clicked to DL  and got "page not found" response.  I haven't complained because after all it was free.  I'm confused.

Willie

skiwillgee ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2006 at 1:01 PM

I just now tried it this way.  I went to CP, logged out, closed IE, cleared all cache files, opened IE, went to CP, logged in and was recognized a member.  Still no MYSTUFF tab.  I'm confused.

efstarlet ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2006 at 2:12 PM

The Mystuff tab was always there, there was a bug with the text that has now been fixed.  It was viewable by clicking the blue box on the line under "Advanced Search".  Anyway, all fixed now, you should be able to navigate again!

Are you a Poser fan?  Show us on Facebook!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.