Tue, Oct 1, 7:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Shoes?

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2006 at 2:10 PM · edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 11:32 AM

Some shoes for poser are one figure and when you conform it then both shoes snap in to place.

How is that done, is it a figure (cr2) that has just feet?

Xena ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2006 at 7:14 PM

Hip, buttock, thigh, shin, feet and toes usually.

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 06 September 2006 at 10:01 PM

Are all these parts really needed?  I would have thought that the feet and toes and maybe the shins would be all that was required.

Xena ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2006 at 1:04 AM

I've seen cr2's with ghost fingers in them rolls eyes

It depends on the model mostly I think. Sometimes I use just shin, foot and toe. All too often I get little quirks (subtle shifts in the axis') that disappear if I add in the hip, buttock and thigh ghosts.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2006 at 3:11 AM

I like to keep the cr2 simple not only because it is easier to do but so that the clothing wont affect anything else in a bad way.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2006 at 5:23 AM

I include actors up to and including the hip when making conforming boots - as Xena says, it just makes 'em work better... Some people seem to be able to do without the extra hierarchy, but I never figured it out; so for me, including the hip is easier. The extra actors won't affect anything else. For simplicity's sake, you can strip them down to the bare minimum if you know what you're doing (and I'm not claiming that I do). :)

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2006 at 6:43 AM

Does this explain why you try to parent shoes from one character to another and they don't parent?
An example for me is I've been trying to parent the V3 flip flops to Jessi. The flip flops come as one conforming article where as some footwear will come as seperate articles one to conform to the right foot and one to conform to the left foot. Anyway, if I try to parent these to Jessi one shoe will work but the other doesn't. So when you move the feet one shoe will move with the foot it's parented to but so will the other shoe however it's not parented to the other foot.

I would try to parent the shoes to either the foot or the toes should I be including the shins, thighs, hip and buttocks as well or is this thread only concerning CR2s? It would be my luck to post something that has nothing to do with the thread in question. It's just begining to be one of those days for me.

Cheers,
Micheál

My Facebook Page

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2006 at 8:33 AM

It is sort of connected - the DAZ flip-flops are an example of one of the "two shoe" figures that xantor was discussing. However he was concerned with conforming rather than parenting. Since the flip-flops are one figure, you can only parent them together, not separately. You could do one of two things: 1) Parent two copies of the flip flops, making the left one invisible in one figure and the right invisible in the other. 2) Hack them apart in a modelling application (or possibly with the grouping tool) and make smart props for your figure.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2006 at 11:36 AM

Quote - It is sort of connected - the DAZ flip-flops are an example of one of the "two shoe" figures that xantor was discussing. However he was concerned with conforming rather than parenting. Since the flip-flops are one figure, you can only parent them together, not separately. You could do one of two things: 1) Parent two copies of the flip flops, making the left one invisible in one figure and the right invisible in the other. 2) Hack them apart in a modelling application (or possibly with the grouping tool) and make smart props for your figure.

I've tried the hacking and it would seem that is the best route. I would cut them in half and then save them as .obj, bring 'em into poser then save them as smart props. I have to say though Jessi has some very wicked feet...LOL!

Thanks Bob!!

Micheál

My Facebook Page

nomuse ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2006 at 3:51 PM

I'd go grouping tool, or better yet, export, to hack out parenting separate flip-flops. Assume the flip-flops are a conforming figure. Hit "export obj" and when the pop-up comes, deselect everything but left foot, toe, perhaps shin. Save under a new name. Repeat for the right foot. Now you have two objects that can be imported and parented, or imported and made into new conforming figures...one for each foot. If the flip-flops are parented props it is a little more difficult; use the Grouping Tool to draw around one, assign it to a new group, spawn a prop. Repeat for other. Trick to Grouping Tool; use wireframe view (it allows you to grab polys on the backs of objects). The steps to re-conforming a figure are, essentially, to zero the conform-to figure, zero out the conforming figure you are re-purposing, use scaling, posing, and magnets to fit it exactly to the new figure, export a new and changed object file....then import the new object file and with method of your choice assign the bones of the conform-to figure to your new object.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.