Mon, Oct 21, 10:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Poser 6 Hair: What's that all about then?

MINTY1974 ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 6:39 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 7:46 AM

Hi all, I have been looking at some of the wonderful renders of hair on the web which use Poser 6' native Hair Room feature. My question is this, can Poser 6 create hair for imported objects (in .obj format)? or will it only spawn hair stands for native Poser figures? e.g would one be able to import a head mesh made in a 3D modeling app and make hair for it in poser? Any advice would be great. Many thanks in advance. Minty.

Fazzel ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 6:54 PM

You should be able to grow hair on anything.  I have seen people grow hair on the
ground plane and use it to simulate grass.

Here is a tutorial to show how to grow grass. 

http://camelot.renderosity.com/tut.ez?Form.ViewPages=796

This should help you to understand how to grow hair on other objects too,
such as a head mesh made in an external application.

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 6:54 PM

Yes you can import your model as an OBJ file and grow hair on selected polygons in the Hair room. However, you won't be able to export the model with hair back into your 3D program, as the hair object will only work correctly in Poser. There are a couple of other 3D programs that will import Poser's dynamic hair as is, but I'm not at home to look them up.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.