Sun, Sep 15, 11:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bryce 5.5 Lightning 2.0, network render application...

fpfrdn3 ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2006 at 11:42 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 2:28 AM

Does anyone use this application for Bryce? I was wondering because I have another computer(not to old) to use, but I don't want to hook everything up and find it doesn't help much. Also dual support will be in Bryce 6.0. Will Network renders be faster than dual CPU's? I did a search in this forum and didn't find anyone using it. I thought users would use this more, due to some people rendering for days at a time. :bored: My other 3D application also has network rendering, and I thought this would give me some insight, cause I don't have the money to upgrade to dual CPU or PCI-E/MB etc...

ECS MB NF-3 AGP(754)

2 gig ram

3200+ AMD 64

fpfrdn3 ( ) posted Sun, 24 September 2006 at 8:21 PM

OK then..., jugding by the views, I guess not alot of Brycers know of, or use this network render helper application. I know B6 will have dual support, but just imagine a network with two computers with dual CPU's. Its almost like a quad setup if this application does the workload the way I think it does. I will go ahead and setup my other computer anyways and run some heavy rendering tests.  If Bryce ever did GI or Radiosity (or the new HDRI use in B6) etc... then you would definately need a network, the way the Bryce code is now. Just try and render a visible light object with soft shadows and watch Bryce nearly explode trying to render. 😄

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 24 September 2006 at 8:29 PM

I tried setting up lightning on several occasions since it came out, and with the help of a network-knowledgeable guy. Could never get it to work. Eventually I gave up trying.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

Starship_Yard ( ) posted Mon, 25 September 2006 at 1:01 AM

I've tried it a couple of times for single images.  Think I've gotten it to connect twice out of about 8 tries.  It's really set up to handle animation sequences.  It can help a lot in increasing rendering speed, but it does seem tough to keep the network settings configured.

Brett

fpfrdn3 ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2006 at 11:28 PM · edited Tue, 03 October 2006 at 11:32 PM

Well, I finally hooked up my Network, two computers, with a crossover cable. Using the TCP/IP only connection, Bryce didn't miss a pixel, flawless. No problem at all to setup and learn Bryce Lightning 2.0(10 min tops). The only thing about this setup, that I can find, is that it is only setup for animations. Single frames are sent to the client computer, and the server(your Bryce installed one) just sits there and does nothing but watch the client. How is this supposed to help with a single scene frame?

I was hoping it would show a render in progress on the server side, and the manual says it doesn't. The PDF manual seems to suggest it will help with large image scenes(two computers working on the same scene/frame at the same time), or am I supposed to have more than two computers?  Example...my Shade 8 3D app runs both computers CPU networked, on the same frame, and it is quite a bit faster. You can watch both computers render on the same scene at the same time. If Bryce 6 has dual CPU support, I would say its not going to be what people think for speed, if its code is setup like the Lightning. Btw..if anyone needs help with setting up Lightning, let me know. 🆒

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.