Fri, Sep 20, 7:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Does anyone know the answer to the following question??

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 12:17 PM · edited Fri, 29 March 2024 at 11:34 PM

Sorry this question might seem a bit odd and out of place being posted on this forum-but here goes........If you have x2 SATA Hard Drives with Windows XP  installed on each - do you get the option as to which hard drive you wish to boot up when you start your computer? If not is there anyway this can be done?

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 1:27 PM

You can set your Boot order in your Bios!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

jc ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 5:26 PM · edited Fri, 29 September 2006 at 5:30 PM

I have not played with "dual booting", which is usually used to start a choice of different operating systems and gives you a menu at boot time. But i think that would work. Try a Google search on "xp dual boot".

I agree that the BIOS is where you would make a fixed change to the boot order. Watch your first screen for a clue to how to get into your BIOS, if you're not familiar with that. It should have a quick message like, "F2 for setup..." or some such. In the BIOS look for a menu item called "Boot Priority" or just  "Boot" or such. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.