Tue, Oct 1, 7:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: DAZ characters in Poser

feeddacat ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 12:22 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 7:41 PM

Hello,

I have tried searching the archives for an answer and I suppose I'm not asking the right question - my question is how come , or how does one pose DAZ characters like V3 in poser?  I want to have the Vicki character walk from one point to another - I'm a beginner and just having a blast with the animation.  It seems one has to create a skeleton for V3.  One can pose it withing D|S, so why not within Poser?

Thanks,

Ed

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 12:31 PM

which poser are you using? P6 is easy, they have a walk designer in it...

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

feeddacat ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 1:16 PM

Oh.  I'm using Poser 5, and DAZ 1.3.1

thanks,

Ed

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 1:26 PM

well to tell you the truth I first bought Poser and then found DAZ|Studio thinking I wasted my money. For Daz did everything I need, boy I was wrong. All my  friends here use Poser and I could get my artwork to look good as theirs and they told me to go back to Poser and learn it and I would find it does lots more than DAZ. They are right, I'm now using Poser6 and can do circles around DAZ even using their products. I'm a big fan of Vicy even so I own Steph. plus I use Mikey more than David. And just think If I may a morph I want to sell I can not export it form DAZ and sell it, Go think.

Even anime it work better...

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 1:44 PM

You don't have to create a skeleton for Vicky.  Vicky was designed to be posed in Poser.  (DAZ Studio didn't even exist when Vicky was created.)

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 1:54 PM

that's true randym77,  DS came later (I don't really know the History behind it) I first played with Poser back in the mid 90s but I was busy doing projects on graphics using PhotoShop. Then about a year ago I moved and went freelance and that is when I got Poser. And then join Renderosity and gone full 3d. I have work 3d back in the late 80s with AutoCad (I was a drafter then).  now back to the subject...

There 2 to 3 ways to get Vic to move, and to walk you first use WalkDesigner (i think that is what it is called) then you work on the keyframes to make her look more natural. Thinking P5 you have to get an addin to do that. Is their anyone here can remember for P6 is built in.

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 2:32 PM

Walk Designer has been part of Poser since Poser 4 at least. 

Here's a tutorial:

http://www.daz3d.com/support/tutorial/tutorial.php?id=922

You can also download walk cycles.  There's at least one in free stuff for V3.

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 3:09 PM

ok P4 I couldn't remember...

yes their is loads of walk cycles, even in the freebie section, across the internet. Just take a look around....

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

bopperthijs ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 3:39 PM · edited Sat, 30 September 2006 at 3:43 PM

Walkdesigner doesn't work very nice with Vicki or other Daz figures, because they have an differented "bone"-structure than the original Poser-figures. There is a special walkdesigner with walkcycles for Vicky3 from Nerd3D, but this is not free. You can make your own walkcycle by making a 30-frame animation of on complete step and put the complet animation in the walkdesignersection of the pose-library. It appears in walkdesigner and it works but it needs a lot of tweaking to make it look natural.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 3:41 PM

Nerd has a free walk cycle for V3.  You have to register at his site and "buy" the freebies for $0, but it's free.  Search free stuff on "walk cycle" and it will come up.

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 6:58 PM

Uhm, feeldacat, did you IMPORT v3 from the DAZ|Studio folders into Poser? In that case, it's a static prop which can't be posed.

If this is the case, you should go to the DAZ site and download Victoria 3 Base - she's free. Run the executable, tell the setup program you're installing her for Poser, let the installer find your Poser installation, and she'll get installed in your Figures library.

And then you can load her from the library, pose her like you could in D|S, and apply those walk animations.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

feeddacat ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 9:57 PM

Thanks everyone for your replies.  Svdt: yep, I imported the figure from Daz into Poser.  I'll do what you suggested and thanks all - this is a great group.

Ed

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 10:07 PM

Just rember to only use "V3" pose files(.PZ2.)  V3, like most other characters has her own set od poses, that are'nr compatable.  So, you need use pose files made with/by V3.

feeddacat ( ) posted Sun, 01 October 2006 at 7:14 AM

I can tell I have a LOT to learn!  I imported V3 into Poser and did a simple walk in place.  Added some clothes - the figure disappeared!  For each article I added - pants, top, hair  etc, the one before disappears.  Automatic Green/Blue screen? :)

Ed

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 01 October 2006 at 8:09 AM

You probably tried to add the clothes using the single checkmark icon, or by double-clicking the clothing figure. That's a "replace" command, not an "add" command.

Instead, you should use the double checkmark icon.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.