Sat, Sep 21, 5:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Post ANYTHING!

short_ribs ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 2:42 PM

file_372483.jpg

🤤 3 new models lined up? 🤤 God you're a lucky man!!! :tongue2: I really need to get me some of them :biggrin: Ok this shot from me is simply as bad as it gets :blink: but it was all based on the word play of 'carrot-teristics' :blushing:

I payed to get myself into an institution :m_tear: Check out my temporary site: APACHA

short_ribs ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 2:52 PM

file_372485.jpg

OOOO this one I took the very first day I ever got that macro lens :wub:

I payed to get myself into an institution :m_tear: Check out my temporary site: APACHA

Zacko ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 3:30 PM

And you haven´t posted it in the gallery?????? :blink: This shot is gorgeous Kai. The composition is just brilliant. This is one flower-shot i think we all would be pretty damn proud to have in our gallery....shame on you for holding out on us. 😄

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

inshaala ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 3:31 PM

/me slaps kai... dude - just clean up those grainy bits (pollen?) and you have a stunner of a shot there with that flower :)

on the subject of babies and viscosity - i have thought on occasion of doing a dog doodie series... a challenge so to speak... try to take an artistic shot of something which is just not your classic subject matter :)

"In every colour, there's the light.
In every stone sleeps a crystal.
Remember the Shaman, when he used to say:
Man is the dream of the Dolphin"

Rich Meadows Photography

Zacko ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 3:39 PM

There´s a kids-show on TV here in Sweden called "Guess the poop"......they go out into the woods and film different kinds of droppings and they let the viewer guess what animal is responsible for leaving it. So i feel i have the proper competense to participate in that challenge. :tt2: And as you can see Kai....not everything is wonderful and full of glamour when it comes to Sweden and it´s culture....you may wanna reconsider changing your nationality. :biggrin:

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

short_ribs ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 3:40 PM

file_372492.jpg

Oh yay I got photography class today....  LOL interesting idea there Rich.... Oh and D da da da daddy yeah I think that photo is a bit boring and kind typical from todays world = me dont think it's worth the gallery space :rolleyes: but we all know I'm bad when it comes to choices like this. :unsure:

short_ribs ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 3:43 PM

no I still wanna be Swedish buddy! :tt2: Oh Papa did you hear about the english people and the McFlurry slut there in Sweden :lol:

inshaala ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 3:44 PM

well St Andrews is rather clean when it comes to that sort of thing so it might be a bit difficult... also can you imagine the looks you would get if you were on your knees or even prone with camera in hand taking a picture of dog poop?!?

Rich Meadows Photography

short_ribs ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 3:47 PM

hmmm well dont know about other places in the world but when people walk the dogs here they carry a plastic bags and pick it up and take it home with them :blink: cause the will get fined if they dont :unsure: (why I dont want a dog here LOL)

inshaala ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 3:53 PM

yeah - same here... tho' if you ever go to madrid and venture off the beaten track: never look up!... you will inevitably stand in some...

Rich Meadows Photography

inshaala ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 3:55 PM

file_372496.jpg

here's my first ever attempt at a panning shot of a vehicle on a road... it was shot from the hip too (figuratively speaking of course) :)  but the focus is on the back of the bike rather than the middle so it isnt amazing/gallery worthy...

Rich Meadows Photography

Zacko ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 3:58 PM

Damn you Kai. That shot is also beautiful!!!! :blink:
And no i didn´t hear about any McFlurry slut....although now i´m intrigued, lol. 
Here people also have to pick up after their dogs if they´re out in public walking them. But since i live out on the countryside i just let Eija roam free during our walks across fields and in the woods. And she actually eats all the poop she comes across....horse-poop....cow-poop....bird-poop is her favorite....and so on. So i´m sure she cleans up more poop than she herself "releases" :mellow:

Andreas

Mystic Pic

short_ribs ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 4:06 PM

ok this is a bit of a copy and paste for ya:

McDonald’s, Härnösand
Två killar ~25, som verkar vara engelsmän, står och ska beställa glass. På skylten står det “McFlurry” och en lapp framför visar att produkten är slut. Kille 1 (småfnissandes): Hello, I would like a McFlurry Slut! Kassörskan (ser helt förvirrad ut): …Eeeh, it is over. It is not in! Killarna förstår ingenting och tror fortfarande att de [...]

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 4:09 PM

file_372497.jpg

I'm not going to say a word Andreas. Not a single word. Neat bike shot Rich, too bad about the focus.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Zacko ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 4:11 PM · edited Wed, 21 March 2007 at 4:12 PM

GUESS THE POOOOOP! LOL! :biggrin:

And LMAO! That story Kai....hahahaha!!!! Härnösand is actually close to home for me...only 45 min by car. I didn´t even know that small town had a MacDonalds. :huh:

Andreas

Mystic Pic

short_ribs ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 4:13 PM

Good morning there Kort I see you have come at an interesting time of this thread :lol: And dare I say cute shot there? :unsure: Oh and yeah rich... pretty cool how he's looking at ya like that though :tongue2:

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 4:20 PM

file_372498.jpg

Speaking of McDonalds, how about McDonalds in IR? Somebody had to do it, that somebody was me...

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

short_ribs ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 4:21 PM

file_372499.jpg

Someone need a baby blanket there? :lol:

short_ribs ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 4:23 PM

IR McDonalds? hmmm that reminds me of IR baboon (cartoon) lol :rolleyes: cool effect though buddy! I'm gonna get it one day though 😉

Zacko ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 4:29 PM

McDonald....sigh...and i said MacDonald. 😄 I don´t eat there nearly as often as i should appareantly......

Andreas

Mystic Pic

short_ribs ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 4:33 PM

you pay an arm an a leg for that stuff and it's all junk AND you hardly get any food :cursing:

short_ribs ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 4:37 PM · edited Wed, 21 March 2007 at 4:39 PM

file_372503.jpg

here's an interesting dropshot like shot :tt2: oh yeah and we're now on page 30 HOW COOL ARE WE :thumbupboth:

short_ribs ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 4:43 PM

file_372505.jpg

another photo :rolleyes:

Dianthus ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 5:27 PM

Weird drop shot. Looks like a bird dropping instead.
Chris

Dianthus ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 5:35 PM

OMg fancy posting a photo of your child on a potty. She will kill you Kort when older.
Lovely shots Kai. But agree with Rich about pollen cleanup. And Andreas i love the model photo that shows her eyes the most. Very striking. Sorry she was a witch. She come with a broom?
Chris

TomDart ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 6:02 PM · edited Wed, 21 March 2007 at 6:03 PM

file_372512.jpg

Behind the workplace..the little island of wonder in the city ..this is where I got my bunnie pics and some waxwngs. Now, this is a spring opening.  Here is a simple snap of a blossoming tree.   A touch of joy to me!

Dianthus ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 6:07 PM

file_372513.jpg

**Sometimes simple is beautiful. Chris**

TomDart ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 6:13 PM

Simple is beautiful here..lovely shot. 

Dianthus ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 6:21 PM

file_372515.jpg

**Thanks Tom. Love how your bunny rabbits eyes blink. Cute. Me going to play with more frangipanis today but using a background and lights. Should be fun. Chris**

Zacko ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 6:29 PM

Psssst.....Chris.....that´s actually a cat. Not a bunny. 😉 

Love those flower-shots btw. Lighttent i presume. Beautiful indeed. 😄

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Dianthus ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 6:32 PM

Yeah just got the light tents and havent used yet, so want to play around with it a little. Dont expect too see any frogs in it anyway.lol. People love frangipani prints. So go where the money is. Also want to have a go at a couple of drop shots. Any advice King Drop.hehe
Chris

Dianthus ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 6:33 PM

Hey Tom do you deliver easter eggs too?
Chris

short_ribs ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 6:54 PM

file_372518.jpg

OK here's a shocking sculpture of Gollum that can be found in hobbiton (matamata) NZ :blink:

short_ribs ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 6:55 PM · edited Wed, 21 March 2007 at 6:57 PM

file_372519.jpg

and another ok maybe this is kinda like a LOTR version of GUESS THE POOOP?  only we'll have to call it Guess the Pooper :lol: sorry if I offend any LOTR fans but yeah this sculpture SUCKS :blink:

TomDart ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 7:04 PM

INdeed it does. That,s the bottom of it.

Dianthus ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 7:11 PM

Very Cute Kai. Why cant they make light tents easy to put up. OMG.
Chris

short_ribs ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 7:14 PM

I don't know.... care to enlighten us? :lol: ok I'm off for class now :m_bouncy:

Margana ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 7:17 PM

Easy to put up? How about folding it back up? It's like rubik's cube. I gave up after 15 minutes. Grrrr!

Great posts everyone! Sorry I don't have time now to go back over them all and single any out

See ya!

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

Dianthus ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 7:19 PM

Yeah worked it out but wow not looking forward to trying to slip it back into little case. WOW. Hey about time you went to class Kai. Hope to have some images for you when you come back little bro. Hi Marlene.
Chris

Zacko ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 8:04 PM

Yeah i couldn´t agree more with Marlene. I never got mine to fold back either. It´s now sitting in our guestroom, taking up waaaay more space than it should. I never should have taken it out of that little case. :sad:

Andreas

Mystic Pic

TomDart ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 8:19 PM

file_372524.jpg

This is an experiment with a single 100 wt. incandescent bulb.  The background is brown paper, not noise but its texture.

"second cut" is what I call this play image.   I am playing with low light for an attempt at the still life genre thing.   Might get it done!  That image will not be recognizable as from the same hands...totally different set used for that.

Andreas, the wood gouge is Sweeeeedish!   The best.     Tom.

Dianthus ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 8:34 PM

file_372525.jpg

**Love the textures Tom. What about easter eggs? Here is just a quick photo using my light tent. Chris**

TomDart ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 9:20 PM

Chris, what light tent do you use?   Tom.

short_ribs ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 9:51 PM

Yay I'm sitting in class here.... Pics loook soooooo much better on these macs though I'm getting pretty bored :m_scared:

Dianthus ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 11:19 PM

**Um you should be listening in class Kai. Even though i think you know most of it.
Tom i bought a kit. MASSIVE 48"&24" Studio Cube Photo Light Tent & LIGHTING
I didnt use lighting today though just tent and flash. Just experimenting with angles of my external flash etc.

Kai and Andreas i want to try dropshots later. Is it best with room darken? How do i get images in drops? Please help oh wise ones.
Chris:)

short_ribs ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 1:23 AM

I cant do the images in them ones but ahhh yeah I normally find it best to use a dark room.... but that's only me and ya know I'm strange :rolleyes:

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 10:30 AM

Well two pages while I slept! Kai, your first bloom is stunning, the colour is amazing! I love the lonely tree clining to the hillside, the last flower is quite interesting agaist the blue like that and the water shot is terrific. Post any or all! Chris I love your flowers as well, I realize you are experimenting,but they are quite lovely, especailly the first, the bloom all covered in dew looks so delicate and fragile. Kort, I have potty shots of all my kids and Mullaney as well, the cruelest thing we do to our kids. I love the McD shot, the vegatation looks ike snow piled up outside. Glad to see you'll not let one rude narcissistic witch ruin your model shoots Andreas, send her a broom! Have a lovely day all, back to back Overnights until Wednesday!
BJ

inshaala ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 10:40 AM

file_372583.jpg

Loving the individual frangipani's chris :) And good luck with the still life tom, but surely low light just means higher noise problems anyway - wouldnt you be better off just using a more powerful but diffused light source so you can work at low ISO/fast shutter speeds?

Here is one of mine from a long time ago... it is an "outtake" from what has become my most favourited/viewed shot in my gallery: "The Space... the connection..."

Shameless plug but hey they are both the same subject...

Anyway - i'm going back home for a week now, so i wont be around as much here or in the galleries... have a good one! 😄

Rich Meadows Photography

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 11:02 AM

Both photos are lovely Rich. Enjoy your trip. BJ

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 11:04 AM

Kai, I thought the starving underlined was a link to more of your stuff, if it is I can't get it to work. BJ

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.