Mon, Sep 16, 12:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 12:03 am)

Subject: Poser 7 - Sounds a bit more promising

tbird10 ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2006 at 2:12 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 4:26 AM

Found this in the press release

"Uli Klumpp, Director of Product Development at e frontier and long-time Poser Product Manager said, “Compared to all previous versions, this release is the most significant one to date. Poser 7 will have a powerful combination of new content, new features and improvements that modernizes and invigorates its foundation. We have also added many features that our long time customers have requested. The bottom line is that both the Poser professional and the casual enthusiast will have more robust and more powerful 3D figure design and animation software. Poser 7 will make their creative workflow more enjoyable.”

In particular the ".... we have also added many features that our long time customers have requested..."  sounds very promising  :-)

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2006 at 2:29 PM

Ya know - that's the same thing they said about Poser 6.  Frankly, since I don't use the included content and I'm more than a bit miffed at the upgrade price for those of use who've been paying to upgrade since ver 3, I'm going to hold off a bit until I hear back from e-Frontier about customer loyalty.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

tastiger ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2006 at 2:44 PM

Quote - Ya know - that's the same thing they said about Poser 6.  Frankly, since I don't use the included content and I'm more than a bit miffed at the upgrade price for those of use who've been paying to upgrade since ver 3, I'm going to hold off a bit until I hear back from e-Frontier about customer loyalty.

Here, Here!
I'm with you all the way on that..

As they haven't offered any temptations to those of us who were early adopters and as I use a debit card, which means my money would be tied up waiting for the release, - I'm seriously considering buying the Poser 6 CE (upgrade from the free P5) for my son - - I'd only need to download the Miki content - that way i get Miki and her stuff for $US 20 and my son get use of Poser 6 - so it's not like my money is tied up - it's getting some here and now usage.

And then I get the free upgrade to 7 when it's released. This is about the only way I can see to make something extra come out of  the "special" upgrade price. But's that's only an option because of the free Poser 5 they offered and we have the serial to upgrade with.

Sort of - let's make your own loyality rewards......

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

jonthecelt ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2006 at 4:28 PM

I must confess, I'm looking forward to the new version. The only slight miff I have is that people who downloaded the free version of Poser 5 in the last couple of months are entitled to the same upgrade as people who bought a full licence of P6 18 months ago. I don't mind people who bought P4, PP, P5, or 6 getting their upgrade - nor do I mind when the software was bought - but for someone to get the same deal as myself without having done anything to 'earn' it seems a little unfair to me.

That said, I'm not so bitter about it I'm going to write to the company, or boycott their products. Now all I have to do is convince that beloved one that this is a good investment for me... 😉

jonthecelt

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.