Sun, Oct 6, 5:08 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Boring after life

tom271 ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 2:01 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 6:34 AM

file_357432.JPG

As you may know I'm new to Poser and thought to post something in the spirit of Halloween.. After some surgery, I finally got my DAZ skeketons to work correcly...  Some Painter IX.5 post work was done... 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ashley9803 ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 4:25 AM

Spooky. love the concept. Welldone.

UVDan ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 1:27 AM
Forum Moderator

Just in time for Halloween.  Is that skeleton an add on, or does it come with Poser?

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

tom271 ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 9:19 AM · edited Tue, 31 October 2006 at 9:20 AM

@ UVDan The central one is a Daz figure, the one at the window comes with Poser...

If you want the Pz3 file I can send you this M3 skeleton...  e-mail me..

@Ashley9803    thank you for your comments...

Tom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UVDan ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 10:02 AM
Forum Moderator

You cannot send people pz3 files.  It is good to be generous and to share with others, but that is one thing that you absolutely cannot share.  I do appreciate your kind sentiments though.

tom271 ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 5:51 PM

I had no Idea that it was not a thing to do...  Sorry to all who may be concerned....

Is there a work around to get you a working skeleton?  Keeping in good standing the vendor of course..     please let me know....

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 2:05 PM

If you want to share the "surgery" you did on the DAZ skeletons, you could RTEncode it so that whoever you gave them to would have to own the skeletons to use your file.  DAZ generally allows this, though it might be a good thing to ask them, just to make sure.

UVDan ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 5:52 PM
Forum Moderator

No problem Tom.  Now you know so you can stay out of trouble.

tom271 ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 7:31 PM

Let me make one thing perfectly clear.......

I did not alter in anyway my Daz M3/V3 skeleton's file....   I loaded a troublesome skeleton  into the main work area...  I took that skeleton into the setup room and deleted the extra bones that were giving me the problem. Then I saved that skeleton in a PZ3 file separetely...  I now only use that PZ3 file skeleton and not the regular skeletons from the unaltered Daz M3/V3 sksleton files...                   Anyone can do anything they want, with their figures, within the normal use of the Poser program,,,

@ randym77: To answer your question.   Anyone who uses my PZ3 file would not have to alter anything or need to load any code to use it just like it is..   I believe the PZ3 files carries all the information plus the figure necessary to function as is..  Now, if you own the Daz skeleton and are having problems manipulating it in Poser 6,  I can tell you the fix..
Update: no need to delete bones just pull them out and away from the limbs...   It works really great....

Maybe Daz would permit people to such a trade of files.. I don't know...   But until I ask them, I have not ever  nor plan on sending any PZ3 files to anyone...
I have been told by a friendly member of Renderosity that It is illegal...  "and I can get into trouble!"  ...  

I hope just inquiring or mistakenly saying something dumb doesn't get people into trouble at Renderosity...
Daz or any other companies don't really care about what people may say or maybe might do their product, they only care about what is actually being done to their product..

But anyone who was informed about my conversatioins with the Daz support people about this "surgery" I did on their skeletons, would know why I had to resort to that surgery...  And Daz never said not to.

As a matter of fact they seem kind of intrested in how I solve the "Nagging, slippery and every wichway but as told" Ulnae and Fibulea of the skeletons bones......  They still adviced that the "little red helpers" are the best way to make the skeletons obey...   Well, tell that to my skeletons... ;-)

Tom

tom271 ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 7:55 PM

file_358243.jpg

Here is the fellow after surgery.... He needs to be taken out to lunch....

UVDan ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 1:24 AM
Forum Moderator

Thanks for clarifying things a bit Tom.  Sounds like you are good to go.   I know that once you purchase a DAZ figure that you can pretty much do what you want with it short of sharing the file.  It is good to know the fix as this might affect other similar figures as well.  I am curious as to what the "little red helpers" are.

tom271 ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 2:56 AM

file_358273.jpg

Here are the extra bones

tom271 ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 2:56 AM

file_358274.jpg

Here are the helpers

UVDan ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 9:20 AM
Forum Moderator

Thanks Tom.  That is very interesting.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.