Tue, Oct 1, 5:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Figure object question.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 2:17 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 11:13 PM

file_357721.jpg

When making a figure, once all the parts are grouped properly some parts have small lines like in the picture, what causes that and can it be fixed?

dolphing ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 2:43 PM

If you use Max just check you have 2 vertexs together but not colapse and you need to colapse them.and that is all wath cause it

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 3:20 PM

I don`t use max.

Realmling ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 6:22 PM

I think it does look like dolphing mentions above xantor that the verts are not welded together. That would give you open edges that would show up like that after grouping. You might want to take the offending part into your modeler and double check that the verts at both ends of that edge are welded, or weld the edges together.

If they are....I can't really say what might be causing this....I've occasionally seen similar funky things if someone splits the verts in UVmapper...so it could just be something got lost in translation somewhere between programs.

Crazy alien chick FTW! (yeah....right....)

Realm of Savage - Poser goodies and so much more!

~~

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 6:59 PM

My modeller doesn`t do vertice welding. :m_sadblink:

Wraith ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 12:20 AM

Looks like a  single Vertex or 2 vertices poly, just delete that poly it isn't needed. Depending on your modeller you should be able to lasso just that single line.

dolphing ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 1:10 PM

Hi Xantor all of them are ok ,you have to fine how to check and weld o remove the extra vertices on your mesh and just in case what program you use?

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 2:26 PM

I use anim8or and an older program called imagine, neither of them have that kind of vertice editing, but it is not a big problem, the vertices don`t show up in renders.

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 3:04 PM

Quote - I use anim8or and an older program called imagine, neither of them have that kind of vertice editing ...

Anim8or has vertex editing, see Chapter 3 of the PDF manual, specifically the section titled "Merging Points" (which is what other modellers call welding).

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 5:10 PM

OK, thank you.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.