Sat, Sep 7, 8:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 7:13 am)

Subject: Help with cloud shadows?

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 5:33 PM ยท edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 5:19 AM

file_357730.jpg

I'm trying to get a nice shadow effect from clouds in front of the moon. I'm using cloud nodes in P5 and attaching it to both a background prop and then attaching the same node(reversing the sky and cloud color)to a light that is positioned close the moon prop. The image shows the results but would like to look better. Any info on achieving this would be very helpfull. For the image I'm using the moon prop by ThorneWorks and Land from Mapps cabin sets (both are fantastic by the way!).

mapps ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2006 at 10:28 PM

Glad ya like the Cabin Set :-)
Ya have the right Idea, perhaps try some different cloud maps they may give you better results.
Also you can try putting the clouds on a single cell prop (just a big square plane) and use a trans map to make a floating cloud prop. It will cast shadows like any other prop so you can remove the node links. this may give you better shadow results if you use firefly and be sure to use "ray trace" shadows with a nice softt edge of 2-5.

mapps ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2006 at 10:30 PM

PS if you need help setting that up just let me know, I'll whip one up and post it into the free section :-)

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2006 at 2:23 AM

mapps, thanks for the reply and advice. I will make some cloud maps and give it a try.

mapps ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2006 at 1:35 PM

you are welcome :-) Hope it helps.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.