Sun, Oct 6, 6:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: V3 troubles....

Hyria ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 11:00 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 5:49 PM

Hey all :biggrin:

My V3 lady does not wish to behave with all her morphs inj. Not even with a few. She poses once then crashes poser the next time she is used.  Tempermental I say.

Yes I've re-dloaded her many times and her morphs. Still same problem :/

Anyhow I was wondering if there are any V3 characters out there that have their own morph inj. and don't require the bought ones.  Like I said she has her tantrums.   😉

Any ideas out there?  :)

Insanity is a waking state...Darkness is a being...Want To Play.........heheheheh

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 11:42 PM

Hmmm, very strange.  

As fare as characters for V3,  if you want to change her shape, you have to have morphs injected.  The character add ons that you buy have morph injections and they call on the head and body morph files that you have to have installed in order to change her shape and look to that of the character.

The only time you don't need the morphs is to apply a texture.  You can apply any texture you want without the morphs, but unfortunately for the characters you need them.

I don't have problems working with V3.

Have you tried going and redownloading V3 and the morph packages from Daz again? Maybe you got a corrupt file or something.

Also, are you using external runtimes? If so you need to put a COPY of the !DAZ folder in the library of the main poser runtime.

As a last resort you could reinstall Poser.  You won't lose your runtime or the files you have installed. Also make sure you have the Service Releases installed.

That's about all I can suggest.  Maybe others have some more options.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 11:46 PM

Acadia, I have my V3 stuff all out on an external runtime with no problems.  In P5 you need the copy in the main Runtime but not with P6.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Hyria ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 12:03 AM

Yup Acadia re-downloaded many times lol 

Funny as I keep seeming to run into problems and I'm not new to poser or DAZ  :sad:

I'll try re-instaliing her again to see if that helps. Maybe I'll only inject the shaping morphs since I rarely render the creature type images O.o 

I soo need to catch up lol

Thanks for the suggestions though.  P4 yes I have P5 that I am too chicken to learn yet.  Hair and Cloth room=scary  O.o

👍

Insanity is a waking state...Darkness is a being...Want To Play.........heheheheh

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 12:14 AM

You should try poser 5!!  Once you get into the cloth room you will be hooked!

I'm a really slow learner when it comes to programs... I mean really slow! It's like I have a lead wall between the program and my brain and the information just can't get to me,  LOL

Trust me, if I can learn the cloth room, anyone can!  I don't do anything hugely indepth in there, but the steps to doing a basic simulation for a clothing item is pretty basic.  You can get more advanced and do scarfs and table cloths and other stuff, but I just stick to normal clothing and don't usually have any problems.

Give it a try :)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Hyria ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 12:36 AM

Ok Acadia :)  Will play with P5 over the weekend :)

If you don't mind. Can I ask you questions if I run into problems. I won't pester only if I get reallly stuck   :scared:

;)

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 5:36 AM

You don't need to use the hair and cloth rooms. And you can set the Material Room in a simple mode which isn't too much more complicated than P4.

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 9:36 AM

to answer the question "if there are any V3 characters out there that have their own morph inj. and don't require the bought ones. " The closet is HMann's V3 NewGen from Daz. It's a V3 that is preloaded with 250 morphs. The newest version will now accept V3's inj's if wanted. Downside,,she's a heavy weight on you system.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

elzoejam ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 10:49 AM

Blackhearted's GND doesn't use DAZ morphs, does she?

Sarah

Lucca ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 4:22 PM

Well, have you tried going into the appropriate geometry folder and deleting the.rsr file? I usually find that helps with that kind of problem.

Here's hoping this helps!

Lucie ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 4:47 PM

As Shanim has a couple of characters that are for V3 that don't require the morphs from Daz, Kielo and I think Yaara is the other one's name?  If I remember correctly they don't come with textures though.  Thorne and Sarsa also have some V3 characters with custom morphs and stunning textures, I think theirs sometimes use some of V3's body morphs though along with the custom ones.

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.