Sat, Oct 5, 6:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 11:28 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Merchant SPAM

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 11:48 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 5:25 AM

Several months ago I raised the issue of Renderosity sharing our e-mail addresses with merchants who then send advertising e-mails to the membership. As I recall, I was told that this was not permitted. The merchant that was annoying me agreed to remove me from their spam lists, and indeed, the e-mails stopped for awhile. Now I'm receiving spam advertising from this merchant yet again.

I'd appreciate some clarification on why these people are given our e-mail addressess without our consent.

Moreover, I do want to receive e-mail from zew3d@op.pl again. I felt that I could trust them the first time they agreed to stop sending me advertising, but for some reason, I'm getting their unsolicited, unwanted spam about their products again. I have no interest in their products and do not want Renderosity to share my e-mail address with anyone. This needs to stop.

Debbie M. ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 12:06 PM

We don't share your email address with vendors.  Zew3d sent out emails to buyers through our system about some Halloween freebies for a few of their products.  This may be what you received, and the reason you are receiving that is because you are a previous buyer of the product that they're offering a free download for.

I apologize if you thought it was spam, but unless you're referring to something else, this is the only thing that I'm aware of that went through our system.  Renderosity does not share any email addresses with anyone.

Debbie M.

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 12:58 PM

Thanks for the explanation Debbie. Is there any way to prevent this? I don't want to receive e-mail advertisements from any merchant here.

Unsolicited e-mail is by definition spam. I don't believe I misused the word. It's not my intention to smear the merchant at all. I just don't like the nuisance of unwanted e-mail from merchants here.

Please let me know if there's some way to prevent your merchants from sending unwanted e-mails to me. Clearly, someone associated with this site is making this possible. It shouldn't be impossible to make it stop.

Debbie M. ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 4:15 PM

Hi,

I apologize, but there isn't a way to turn this off.  It's not anything that gets abused, as all emails to buyers need Admin approval before they're sent out.  This is a service we give to our customers so that they're made aware of product updates, and freebies that the vendors wish to give their customers only.

Debbie M.

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 8:17 PM

Hi Debbie,

You don't owe any apologies for this, but thank you. I agree that it's not used to an abusive extent. I can handle it. I had thought from prior experiences that the merchants actually had our e-mail addresses. Now that I understand better, I don't understand why a merchant had agreed not to send me more e-mails if they had no control over it. Thanks for bearing with me on this. :-)

Dean

ashokscape ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 7:26 PM

Dear Folks, One idea for controlling email is to have a yahoo or gmail ID separate for Renderosity and other forums of this nature. Then you can check that mail whenever. Give out your personal email to friends, but post this new email here. Love, Ashok

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.