Sat, Sep 7, 8:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 7:13 am)

Subject: Please explain the Poser 6 upgrade?

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 3:36 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 9:02 PM

Thanks to a very caring and giving wife, I got an early present for Christmas. I was able to afford the Poser 6 CE upgrade. However I'm currious about the coupon for Poser 7. Exactly how does that work and what is it for. I mean does it allow a free upgrade to Poser 7 if I preorder it? I must admit that I'm kind of lost when it comes to stuff like this.😕

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 3:42 PM

like to hear this one

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 3:43 PM

Simple ..you have P4 or P5 ...you order the Upgrade TO P6 ..

And when P7 comes out you Get that Upgrade Too :}

So you Buy upgrade to P7 but in the mean time play with P6 ..

Not so difficult ;}

And its a good deal i think "i did preorder P7"

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 4:03 PM

That's the part where I get confused. I purchased the Poser 6 CE upgrade and now have P6 CE on my system also recieved a coupon code for P7. Now do I have to pay for P7upgrade or is it free? I already spent  $149.99 on the P6 upgrade and don't really have anymore to dish out.

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 4:14 PM

DID you Buy the offer just now last 3 weeks ? .. and were ? E-frontier have a Free P7 and CP has the Free P7 action now so ...

I think its Free that P7 ... 99,9999999 % sure ..

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 4:37 PM

Quote - That's the part where I get confused. I purchased the Poser 6 CE upgrade and now have P6 CE on my system also recieved a coupon code for P7. Now do I have to pay for P7upgrade or is it free? I already spent  $149.99 on the P6 upgrade and don't really have anymore to dish out.

Very simple :-
Put the P7 upgrade into your cart and apply the coupon, the cost will show as $0.00
Checkout.
Sit back and wait for release.

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 4:46 PM

I was thinking about getting mine at CP they say I will get free upgrade of 7

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 4:46 PM

Sorry I just realized that but now I'm having problems when entering my serial number to add the Poser 7 upgrade to my cart. It keeps saying that the serial has already been used and that if it is your serial then make sure you're logged in and try again. Logged out then logged back in and got the same error. I've tried typing it in manually and even copy and paste but nothing works. I'm still waiting for a reply on this matter.

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 5:06 PM

Awesome everything went through and will now get the P7 upgrade for  $0.00. I just hope that I will be able to do some upgrading on my pc by then. P6 seems a little sluggish on my system. 

HP 3200+ , 512mb, 160gb hard drive, integrated graphics with 64mb shared video memory, 2.20 ghz processor speed. Regular characters that came with the upgrade seem to do ok but so far I've installed Aiko 3 complete and that's when things seem to slow up( moving the morph dials, camera movement, etc.....).

CobraEye ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 5:47 PM

YngPhoenix, do you use OpenGL for display?  The other display (SreeD) works much better in speeding up Poser 6 performance.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 6:10 PM

512 Mb of Ram is in the low end for Poser. Not impossibly low, but it makes a great difference with 1Gb. I guess I'd wish for that for christmas (and hope the wife has forgotten, by then, that you already had your pressie early ;o) )

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 6:21 PM

BAR-CODE, It was through CP and have it straightend out. I logged out and then left that site to another then went back to CP and logged in then everything seemed to be ok. Anxious to see what P7 will be like.

CobraEye, Yes I did have OpenGL for display. Once I changed it as you stated above it does work better. Thank you for the help and for all of your replies.

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 7:28 PM

ernyoka1, not a problem I always get more than one present.😄

joemccarron ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 8:57 AM

Attached Link: http://www.e-frontier.com/article/articleview/1970/1/823?sbss=823

Someone please tell me if I am wrong.  But it seems no one should buy p7 SE upgrade they should all get the p6 upgrade since it includes the p7 upgrade SE for free.  

I already have a p6 upgrade. If I get another, I can sell my old upgrade on ebay and still get the p7 SE with the 6 month pasport etc.  I wouldn't sell my new P6 upgrade since it might be linked to the new p7 SE serial number or something. 

I guess its not that big of a deal but I think the p6 upgrade will be worth something and there is no reason nto to get the extra license right?

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 3:24 PM

joemccarron, best bet would be to check with e-frontier on that. This way you would know if there would be any problems with doing that. Just my two cents worth on playing it safe.

joemccarron ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 5:22 PM

YngPhoenix

Thanks for the reply and good advise.   I posted over there on the cp forums.  It seems the difference is you have the option for a hard copy manual and disks with the 7se purchase, but must downlad if you get the p6 upgrade with the 7SE later upgrade.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.