Mon, Sep 16, 12:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 12:03 am)

Subject: Poser 7 New morphing tools

tbird10 ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 8:02 AM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 3:14 AM

The latest edition of 3D World Magazine states that Poser7 is due to ship imminently, covers the reasons already announced but also mentions that

"... and new morphing tools to create minute facial details such as creases, dimples and moles"

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 8:14 AM

Not to be a butt, but..LOL.. is this not the same mag that stated that V4 was to be released "imminently"??? Seems to me these folks at 3D world leak bad intel as well as a White House press conference...LOL!!!

My Facebook Page

tbird10 ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 8:37 AM

tbird10 ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 8:40 AM

They announced Vue6 was imminent last month so we only have to wait a month for Poser 7 on that basis, which wouldn't seem unreasonable, so I guess it is only a few weeks away.

If the Vue6 experience is anything to go by, it may be a while after it is out before anyone gets their hands on it :-)

manoloz ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 9:46 AM

I get my 3dworld magazine 1 month late, so the "imminent" does apply to me, lol

still hooked to real life and enjoying the siesta!
Visit my blog! :D
Visit my portfolio! :D

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 11:42 AM

which month is 'imminent' in?..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 1:24 PM

"imminent" ? i thought that was a white rapper ...... ;}

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

Silke ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 2:10 PM

Quote - "imminent" ? i thought that was a white rapper ...... ;}

No BarCode - that would me Minimint.

Silke

manoloz ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 2:45 PM

must be the day after I wash the dishes willingly :laugh:

shaft73 ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 2:49 PM

Quote - "imminent" ? i thought that was a white rapper ...... ;}

Same difference. His alternate name is "SLIM SHADEY"

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 3:15 PM

Silke said " No BarCode - that would me Minimint."

I thought Minimint was the small Dr. Evil clone from the Austin Powers movies.:woot:

Anyway whenever it gets released, it's going to be interesting to see just how much of a difference it is to Poser 6.

manoloz ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 3:35 PM

mmm minimint could be silver mint miniatures wrapped in chocolate covered plastic eggs made in germany

Yup. It is going to be an exciting update

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 3:48 PM

why would they waste poser resources doing things that should be done with displacement functions/maps? I reckon those magazine guys aren't playing with a full deck-o-cards :lol:

manoloz ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 5:23 PM

I suppose because diplacement map rendering takes longer, and they want to boast how fast renders are. Who knows, could be for some other obscure reason

chinnei ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 7:31 PM

I could really use a new morphing tool that's much more precise than magnets.  I was hoping for something similar to Tweak tool in Hexagon. I find it too cumbersome to export to outside program just to make a small detailed morphs when all I need is just few polygons moved around.

linkdink ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2006 at 6:04 AM

"new morphing tools to create minute facial details such as creases, dimples and moles"

Sounds interesting - but what might even be more valuable is if V4 had some kind of way to introduce asymetry in facial features. Could help a lot with realism.

Gallery

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2006 at 6:46 AM

Quote - Sounds interesting - but what might even be more valuable is if V4 had some kind of way to introduce asymetry in facial features. Could help a lot with realism.

Uhm.. ALL characters have had this option ever since Poser 5 - it's called Split Morph - and it effectively split ANY facial morph into a left and right version. Soyou could (I've done it as a test) split a face in a young and old side - as well as make subtle asymmetric variations.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2006 at 7:10 AM

It sounds like they are adopting some of the Blacksmith Suite tools, or something.  I am VERY curious to see what they're up to.

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

DarrenUK ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2006 at 9:51 AM

To be fair to 3Dworld mag, they can only go on what they are told, or can speculate from information they are given at the time. Software deadlines get pushed back all the time for different reasons. Sometimes it isn't quite finished on time, or perhaps to avoid it being released the same time as another piece of software.

Daz Studio 4.8 and 4.9beta, Blender 2.78, Sketchup, Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev SR5 on Windows 8 Pro x64. Poser Display Units are inches

fuaho ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2006 at 10:24 AM

I think a MiniMint is what they leave on my pillow at the hotel each night... "just a waafer thin mint, Mr. Creosote!"

<,'))%%%><<

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.