Sat, Sep 7, 8:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 7:13 am)

Subject: P6 AO leaving black artifacts on render of Miki.

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 12:47 AM · edited Fri, 03 November 2023 at 10:23 PM

file_358594.jpg

To get rid of the nostril glow problem I tried adding an AO node to the head material area(diffuse and specular value sections). It solved the glow problem but I get black artifacts on the upper part of the neck and the area just below the neckline. The image shows the problem of the render. I used the firefly render with the autosettings and smooth polygons enabled. Anyone know of a way to prevent this? 

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 1:33 AM
YngPhoenix ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 1:43 AM

file_358600.jpg

Ok! I guess I just needed to play around with the settings some. I had to change the raytrace setting on the AO node to 0.2 in order for the artifacts to go away. Here is the result.

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 1:51 AM

I solved the problem a little differently.  I rendered twice, once with raytracer on, and once again with the P4 render engine.  Then I stacked the renders one on top of the otehr in Photoshop, and eraced the blackspots, and then flattened the image.  The healing brush tool resolved any difference in texture tone between the two different images.
David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.